I Want to Know What Magazines People Are Reading

[quote=“ichbinjenny”]The New Yorker. Harper’s. Simple Living. Purely Delicious (raw food magazine). Real Simple.

@Whole Lotta --> What are you doing with your back issues?[/quote]
I am keeping my back issues of Mental Floss on hand for making games out of them. New Yorker is a great magazine BTW.

Fond of the earth are you?[/quote]

Gotta put my Environmental Science degree to some use. :smiley:

Economist, Fast Company, Wired, Harvard Business Review.
These are the only hard-copy magazines I regularly read and sometimes subscribe to.

I’ve read some issues of Playboy, but always thought they were more for the… visually inclined.

Maybe I should start reading Wired. It sounds like I might be interested in it.

Wired once had some of the best-written articles around. Hasn’t seemed to be the case lately though. Back issues are available online, and it’s worth reading the features from way back.

[quote=“elburro”]Economist, Fast Company, Wired, Harvard Business Review.
These are the only hard-copy magazines I regularly read and sometimes subscribe to.

I’ve read some issues of Playboy, but always thought they were more for the… visually inclined.[/quote]

Hell no! I buy em for the articles !! Come on now. Just that focusing can be a bit difficult. Must be the Ink they use??

Economist, Atlantic, Cook’s Illustrated.

Have subscribed to at times but not currently: Harper’s (eventually I couldn’t stand Lapham anymore), Scientific American (too many issues half-done, and too many articles that I finished and realized I had no idea what I’d just read), Virginia Quarterly (loved it but not enough time to read - I should try to get my university to subscribe), Foreign Affairs (to which I now think “WTF?!”).

Always curious about all the 7-11 magazines with alluring young women on the front, but never buy them. “I bought it for the articles” is an even weaker excuse when you don’t read the language! Plus sometimes they’re just fashion, sometimes they’re “men’s”, sometimes they’re gossip. I can’t tell from the covers.

How’s the writing in Asian Geographic these days? I’ve bought it and tried to like it, but the writing (or perhaps the editing) has turned me off.

[quote=“Jaboney”]
Always looking for new brain candy, particularly in audio.[/quote]
NPR, all the way. Most Emailed Stories, Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me, Sunday Puzzle, Fresh Air…

You don’t seem like the person who read People or US Weekly back in the States, so I doubt you’d like them even if you could read them! :+)

My favorite Taiwanese magazines are 25-30 (the art director is genius), dpi, TaipeiWalker (and the Taichung one when it comes out), and a few of those more artsy journal-like zines found at bookstores and cafes. My girlfriend will explain the gist of an article if I really push her, and the content is generally pretty interesting.

Taiwan mags - “親子天下” (Tien Xia’s Family magazine), My Lohas, ppaper
Other - Nexus

Reader’s Digest and The Watchtower.

I used to read Rock, Climbing, Bicycle, and Sport Rider. But now i get all I need in that field online.

I watch the photos in the NEXT magazine. But I just pick those issues where there is no politician on the cover.

Because then inside is…

You don’t watch photos. You look at them. LOL