I was Injured - Should I sue?

Dear Members,

The other week I fell in the bathroom of the apartment I am renting, and had a severe trauma to the right side of my face and thin line fracture of the orbital bone. The ridiculous way the bathrooms are flooded here because of no shower curtains and also a clogged drain in the bathroom floor caused me to slip and fall causing serious injury to the right side of my face. Should I sue the landlord of this apartment ?
If so, what should I do, get a lawyer, or just give her a demand of what I feel is a proper settlement ? Thankyou,

Rich

Hello, I have been here for 4 weeks on my passport, in Taichung

The other week I fell in the bathroom of the apartment I am renting, and had a severe trauma to the right side of my face and thin line fracture of the orbital bone. The ridiculous way the bathrooms are flooded here because of no shower curtains and also a clogged drain in the bathroom floor caused me to slip and fall causing serious injury to the right side of my face. Should I sue the landlord of this apartment ?
If so, what should I do, get a lawyer, or just give her a demand of what I feel is a proper settlement ? Thankyou,

Rich

Dear Members,

I am here on regular passport visiting for 4 weeks.

Rich

I’m thinking of suing you for spamming the forums… :wink:

Seriously, though, your suit would be laughed out of court here. Don’t even bother. :neutral:

Yeah, that’s the way they build bathrooms here, you’re supposed to be carefull.

This is not the US.

Next time wear blue plastic slippers.

No shower curtain, floor get wet.
Floor get wet, could slip and fall.

Sorry about your accident, but you should have had more foresight.

[quote][quote=“rich12”]Dear Members,

The other week I fell in the bathroom of the apartment I am renting, and had a severe trauma to the right side of my face and thin line fracture of the orbital bone.[/quote]

Ouch! That sucks. :astonished:

Do you have a tub? You can buy a shower curtain and rod at B&Q.

You also can get some drano there

Again…ouch

[quote]Should I sue the landlord of this apartment ?
If so, what should I do, get a lawyer, or just give her a demand of what I feel is a proper settlement ?[/quote]

Given that you could have bought a shower curtain and/or worn shower shoes, I wouldn’t waste my time.

[quote]
I am here on regular passport visiting for 4 weeks.
Rich[/quote][/quote]

If you are only here for four weeks, how is it that you can rent an apartment?? Is it a longterm hotel kind of deal? If so, then, you might be able to get something out of it. But I don’t realy know.

good luck. get shower shoes.

jds

My parents have poor genetic material and I didn’t get into Harvard. Should I sue God?

I thought it was a joke, but everyone is replying so seriously… Is it really that bad in America? :astonished:

considering the unique nature of your problem and the non-unique nature of your bathroom i think it’s safe to say you should look deeper into what caused the problem.

[quote=“Notsu”]I thought it was a joke, but everyone is replying so seriously… Is it really that bad in America? :astonished:[/quote]I’m just guessing here, but I think this happened in Taichung, Taiwan.
Is the OP an American? Could be. Who knows.

I blame Bush for this.

(somebody was going to anyway) :smiley:

[quote=“TainanCowboy”][quote=“Notsu”]I thought it was a joke, but everyone is replying so seriously… Is it really that bad in America? :astonished:[/quote]I’m just guessing here, but I think this happened in Taichung, Taiwan.
Is the OP an American? Could be. Who knows.

I blame Bush for this.

(somebody was going to anyway) :smiley:[/quote]

I know it happened in Taiwan… Just that being from Europe, it would never cross my mind to sue the landlord for my clumsiness. I mean… I could be angry - You gotta blame someone for your unluck! - but the sueing habit comes mostly from the US I think (possible Canada too, I really wouldn’t know).

Well, guess it’s not my business, but I also believe that the OP would get laughed out of the courtroom. EVERYONE has bathrooms like this in Taiwan - they’d never take that kind of a complaint seriously.

[quote=“Notsu”]but I also believe that the OP would get laughed out of the courtroom. EVERYONE has bathrooms like this in Taiwan - they’d never take that kind of a complaint seriously.[/quote]Notsu -
I completely agree… :bravo:

The bed in the apartment i rent is really hard. I woke this morning with a sore neck, should I sue the landlord or the manufacturer ? :snivel: :stuck_out_tongue:

Notsu blatently and repeatedly refuses to sleep with me. Can I sue her for hurt feelings ?

I woke up and discovered I’m more stupid than yesterday. I’m going to sue myself.

Maybe it’s your spelling to which she objects.
Sue your elementary school.