I will never

I will never watch the movie Titanic - my brother and I made a pact back when it came out, and I know I have stayed strong.

4 Likes

That’s funny. You must have an interesting impression of it.

Just like I refused to watch the Twilight movies

2 Likes

I know how it ends … And something about DiCaprio at the front of the ship yelling something???

In his younger days, I couldn’t stand him, but now I don’t mind him really, don’t know why.

2 Likes

Me too, but he’s near the top of my list now.

1 Like

I fell asleep in the middle and my date woke me up when the ship started sinking. I asked if I missed anything, and she said, “Not really.”

4 Likes

Opposite for me. He’s never been a good actor IMO but at least when he was young he was super cute. Now he’s built like a Lego man.

DiCaprio wishes he was half the screaming method actor that Nicholas Cage is.

1 Like

Now that’s interesting. Nicky Cage was real cool when he was younger, but fell off a cliff for me. I think DeCaprio is an awesome actor, for me Shutter Island changed my impression of him.

1 Like

I watched him in Mandy recently. It was a neat little ride. He’s not aging so good, but I still like him.

The beautiful thing about Cage is when he’s good, he’s excellent. And when he’s bad, he’s still thoroughly entertaining.

1 Like

Watch Leonardo in “What’s Eating Gilbert Grape?” You’ll then like him in his younger days.

I didn’t even know he was acting. I thought it was the real him.

1 Like

It’s the expectation that other drivers are going to both observe them and brake in time that I’ll never get used to. It is inevitable that one day they will get hit.

The same applies with cutting corners. Going round a blind bend on the wrong side is insane.

1 Like

Yeah my comment was probably too harsh. I don’t hate him!

I will never understand why people in Taiwan still have to carry their trash out to meet a scheduled truck.

Especially in Taipei where most public provided infrastructure like MRT, bus, sports centers, etc. is mostly convenient and easy.

Blood Diamond was the movie that did it for me. I think he’s in a slow downward slide now though.

I think Cage has always been good, but he just takes roles in a lot of bad movies. He’ll basically act in anything.

1 Like

I appreciate this about him. He’s always willing to do the truly absurd shit that no one else will do.

1 Like

Yes (like swallowing that live cockroach). And he’s always fun to watch…even if the movie is barely watchable.

He has to do any role he’s offered. He lost all his money on a cocaine fueled castle buying spree.

2 Likes

I believe the cocaine part at least.

I will never (again) knowingly eat sea cucumber.

1 Like

No I just googled it. He really did buy a castle. And a dinosaur skull.

1 Like