I will post no more, forever

[quote=“Persephone”][quote=“Dr_Zoidberg”]
Now it’s up to the powers that be to kindly approve his new account name Taichung Social Club, the name under which he will organize events for the community (foreign and local).

Dr_Zoidberg bids you all adieu.[/quote]

I’m confused. I thought he just meant “Dr_Zoidberg”, hi present Forumosa persona, was saying goodbye, but that he would continue to post under a new name: “Taichung Social Club”. :s

Maybe I should go to bed now. :unamused:

:wink:[/quote]

Yeah, me also and I just got up. So, it’s not just you and the time of day.

Been nice seeing your posts Z.

I’ve been on about the same length of time and seen lots of posters come and go and pop up again. Hopefully you’ll do the same.

Dr Z.,

Forumosa needs more contrarian posters from Western Canada to counter the over zealous, politically correct, nincompoop Liberal-minded posters from Ontario. I sincerely hope you change your mind and join the foray from time to time, if not daily!!!

[quote=“jdsmith”][quote=“almas john”]Dr_Zoidberg,
Sorry to see you leave (it’s going to mean more work for Chewycorns). Forumosa works best if you actually meet up with other members. The internet by itself is all a little abstract and meaningless if it doesn’t lead to real-life action, a bit like masturbation compared to a real shag.[/quote]

Oh come ON! STick to discussing things you know.[/quote]

Now see, I’d stick around for one-liners like that!

Dr_Z, we shall meet someday soon. You know that right. But the only way you’ll get a hold of me is through forumosa so that means you have to keep posting. Nice vicious circle I got there, eh? :wink:

He’s right.

“I will post no more forever.”

Well, you know what they say,“Forever is a long, long time”.

I bet you’ll sneak a look at least once in a while and if someone posts something that resonates, oh those itchy fingers are gonna start to tingle. You’ll try to resist. The cold sweat will trickle down your forehead, your hands will tremblingly begin to steal towards the keyboard, your password will jump into your head. You fall to the floor, a look of horror stealing over your face. My God! the urge! You promised, forever!

A little over-dramatic, I agree. But your “bidding us adieu” with its tone of “Goodbye, boring forum” was the same. I get a little tired of the drama of people leaving which I’ve seen in other forums (fora?). If you want to go then go. I’ve been reading Forumosa for years now and yeah, sometimes its a little boring and I give it a rest. Then I read it again a week or two later and it’s rare someone hasn’t posted something interesting. Even old topics can become interesting again if someone can a new angle.

People make themselves look a little foolish when they burn the bridges and then find they want to get back to the other side. In one forum, (not Forumosa) I saw one saying he would never post again two posts before he replied to someone annoying him.

Of course, maybe you’ll be the exception.

Dr. Z didn’t say that he wouldn’t posts again. He said that he is changing his approach to posting and that he hopes to use the name “Taichung Social Club” for his future posts.

Dr. Z will not post again, but the guy behind the handle will.

Stop being so melodramatic you guys. :wink:

[quote=“bobepine”]Dr. Z will not posts again, but the guy behind the handle will.
[/quote]“Will” is not the right term. Taiwan Social Club has 9 posts in already. Good to see. He’s a changed man! :wink:

I’m holding myself to a higher standard of posting.

You mean you run the spell checker now?

You’re too hard on yourself. Your posts were always very respected by a whole lot of posters. Trust me on this. :wink: Post away TSC.