Tips for quarantine upon landing

That is great news.

Much obliged!

One question for the Forumosans who have already completed their quarantine at home. I read here and there that the rubbish that we produce during the 14 days cannot be thrown away with the rest, but needs to be collected by special trucks and incinerated. How is collection arranged? Do we have to keep the rubbish with us, maybe in the balcony, until the end and then like call a number? Thanks!

You can ask the official who checks on you, and they can arrange the pick up.

Didn’t happen for me in Kaohsiung. The building garbage collection service still picked up our trash from our front door. We weren’t instructed otherwise.

I suppose if your building doesn’t have a front door pick-up service you can’t leave to throw away your trash and still have to arrange something.

It’s easy to go online and get exemptions:
https://ncp.immigration.gov.tw/NIA_OnlineApply_inter/onlineExitCase/onlineExitCaseForm.action

Travelers arriving in Taiwan from the Philippines must undergo quarantine for 14 days at a group quarantine facility after entry into the country.
The government would cover the expense of the stay at a group quarantine facility for Taiwanese nationals and foreign nationals with an Alien Resident Certificate or a resident visa.

Does anyone have any information regarding this so called “Group Quarantine Facility”? I have gone through several pages on google but found nothing.
I’ll be entering Taiwan with a resident visa, so I guess that saves me from the expenses, but I would like to know where this facility is located/what it looks like/how will I secure supplies/do I have to book it or inform some government body before I arrive/etc.

edit:
Some more context:

1. Philippine citizen
  2. Philippine passport
  3. Work permit
  4. Resident visa

Here’s what I know so far:

1. As far as boarding my EVA Air flight bound for Taoyuan is concerned, I only need my ticket, passport, and visa (confirmed by talking to EVA personnel). That is to say, they don’t require a negative RT-PCR test because I hold a resident visa. I also don’t need a test to enter the airport where I’m flying from (confirmed by talking to airport personnel)
  2. I won’t get swabbed when I arrive because I don’t have symptoms (right now, at least).
  3. I’ll get sent straight to a “group quarantine facility” - this is what I’m curious about.
  4. I’ll get tested before leaving said facility.
  5. The ARC application window is now 30 days upon arrival

Is there anything else that I need to know before my flight to Taiwan?

The group quarantine facility is not in the city, it’s out somewhere in the middle of nowhere. There’s no 711, family mart, etc

You might want to reconsider and get something a bit more centrally located

Thanks for the information.
Is it safe to assume that the government will cover my basic necessities such as food and water? Judging from what I’ve read around here, it seems like the whole process from landing to quarantine is quite tight, so I doubt I’d have time to collect supplies myself.

I don’t think I have any say in this matter (unless there are multiple “group quarantine facilities”), from my understanding - this “group quarantine facility” is different from “approved quarantine hotels”, and since I’m coming from the Philippines - I have no choice but to go straight to this “group quarantine facility”.

Don’t get excited. It’s just an SMS. If you don’t respond an automated system calls you.

The calls from the cops happen within 24 hours of your arrival (when you are logged into the system), on day 4/5, then the morning of day 14.

1 Like

In total I received three SMS messages from the CECC each day (reply with 1, 2 or 3 etc.) and I’m not certain they received my responses because I only got a follow up ‘thank you for your reply’ message once or twice. This lead to phone calls from the CECC which was an automated voice (again, 1, 2 or 3)
Day 1, 7 and 14 I received a call from the local police. Really friendly guy, just wanted to check I was feeling well and hadn’t thrown myself off the balcony from boredom. He answered any questions I had
Around day 10 I had a call from the CECC but this time a real human being - again to check I was feeling OK and if I had any questions
On the last day I had a different SMS from the CECC to remind me about 7 days self management and the daily “how are you feeling” messages continued for the next 7 days

It made me realise the the Taiwan government are more interested in me than my wife is

4 Likes

Great that the Taiwanese government is doing all this. That is one of the key pillars for the great covid track record in Taiwan and it is all our obligation to make sure that this continues like this.

1 Like

I fully endorse your comments I was very pleased with the care we received during the 21 days (14+7) my only disappointment was the compensation claim in the final text message. Went on line to register for my NT1000 a day - rejected! as the only reason I could have left legitimately was for a bereavement. Everything else was considered tourism or business. But what about essential medical check I asked? …still waiting for an answer, it was too difficult for them to make a decision.

Quick question – were you and your wife staying in the same hotel room? Or did each person have to stay in their own hotel room alone?

We stayed in our home as there were no other family members. If you and your wife are both in quarantine I see no reason why you cannot stay together in one room as long as there is no one else who is not quarantined with you. (You need to have some enjoyment during the 14 days if you get my meaning).

Are you allowed to swap wives with someone for a night or two, provided they are also quarantining?

Bugger! why didn’t I think of that :joy:

Thanks for the quick reply! Still trying to sort this out. =/

Why are GT selling for 880 NT for 30 days at the airport? So much more expensive!

That’s pretty cheap, Tstar was 1100 something for 30 days and it’s the cheapest vendor. You have to sign long term to get a discount.

@JohnTN got it for $299nt… did he missed a 9? Anyway… GT is crap in keelung. The police had to loan me a phone so they can keep an eye on me.