Ice cream! (Common Brands)

Tried it!

It’s called Dancing Cow. Their sign reads, “Dancing Cow: Fresh Primium Ice Cream.” They have chocolate and vanilla every day. An additional 4 flavors are rotated in from among 30, for a total of 6 different flavors on any particular day. When I was there, they had wasabi, banana, macadamia, and cheese flavors. I taste tested the banana and macadamia, then went with a single scoop of macadamia on a nice waffle cone. It was good.

Dancing Cow
Shida Nightmarket
Lane 59 off Shida Road
(near a 7-11)

What are the logistics to importing ice cream?

Is all ice cream sold here made here?

Cause as I said before, Ben and Jerry’s would rock the kazbah.

Cherry Garcia. Mmmmmmmmmmm

Im at the airport in Osaka… they have Haagen Dazs blueberry ice cream here.

Correction

[quote=“CaliBorn”]
Dancing Cow
Shi-Da Nightmarket
Lane 59 off Shi-Da Road
(near a 7-11)[/quote]

It’s Dancing Cows, not cow. I’ve been back a few times now. Other flavors that they have on occasion are blueberry, peach, chocolate malt, and… others escape me. I’ll edit this post as I learn more.

chocolate
vanilla
banana
green tea
wasabi
cheese
blueberry
peach
chocolate malt
oreo
coffee
strawberry

[quote=“Lo Bo To”]What are the logistics to importing ice cream?

Is all ice cream sold here made here?

Cause as I said before, Ben and Jerry’s would rock the kazbah.

Cherry Garcia. Mmmmmmmmmmm[/quote]
forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?t=40077

The I-Mei brand ice cream that they sell in 2L cardboard tubs at their stores is really good.
It is actually Tip Top ice cream from New Zealand that I-Mei simply rebrand.

Has anyone seen “Kapiti” brand ice cream here lately? I recall the supermarket in the Breeze Center had it, but I’m not sure if they still do.

It is also a NZ brand, beats the other ‘premium’ brands here hands down for flavor.

Also I remember NZ Natural brand too, are they still around?

BTW, anyone who thinks Dryers is good ice cream is obviously a chain smoker with no taste buds. That stuff is several kinds of shite IYAM.

Oh, and not officially ice cream, but close enough for government work, but frozen custard from the store in the Living Mall is amazingly good stuff too.

This place in Danshui gives a square deal, good quality. Quite shocked considering the area

魔力莎 Molise 義式手工冰淇淋
No. 282號, Zhongzheng Road, Tamsui District, New Taipei City, 251
0981 284 022
https://maps.app.goo.gl/taQXg

Not a fan of Imei - everything is “milk”. In fact, 711 and family mart ice cream is also “milk” - everything is milk (as if replacing vanilla overnight); and the stinky milk :confused:

RIP vanilla, how I didn’t cherish you before you became super rare… covid related…?

This is my favorite local ice cream. Cookies and cream flavor, chocolate layer within the cone, and now, buy one get one free at Family Mart.

2 Likes

Has anyone here tried Cremia? Is it worth it?

Yes, it’s good. I stumbled upon it a while ago at Zhongshan MRT when I saw the line in front of it. So I got in it just out of curiosity. It’s soft serve from Japan. Very creamy and fattening.

1 Like