ICRT for 2018/2019

Wish ICRT DJs would not bash cultures by calling the traditions “weird”. It doesn’t allow you to call it “weird” just because it is new to you or different from a particular DJ limited experiences. Unless you want to insult the ones listening, talk behind the back of those not listening or don’t understand the culture, or impress on people listening from other cultures that one particular culture is “weird”.

Morning show 21 Feb 2019 when talking about Valentines Day in Japan said it multiple times.

Remember the International in International Community Radio Taipei (ICRT).

1 Like

“Peeing in the shower”, the subject of discussion selected by the morning DJ Scotty this morning.

And he claims all men do it.

I’m sick.

Our next topic is

If it’s yellow let it mellow, if it’s brown flush it down

Definitely a case of projection.

How about cows and bears? @the_bear @Dr_Milker

I always pee in the great outdoors.

We’ll take it as read that I shit in the woods eh?

Yeah, but you probably pee in the stream. No wonder the salmon tastes funny…

The Pope’s an Easter worshipper.

I could’ve sworn he was an atheist…

No, that’s Anglicans.

Worshipper of child rapists more like it.

I keep hearing the advertisement for ICRT bike day.

I guess no one ever told the producers that you should mention important information at the end of the advertisement like dates and location, not just at the beginning when people aren’t yet fully listening.

Does ICRT even recognize or understand that a huge amount of listeners are on the internet and have no clue about the time or the “mark” about the time.

We’re like one or two or three minutes behind and then ICRT keeps saying Mark Mark Mark what is that we have no clue we are not listening on the radio.

The world is listening on the internet and it’s not the same time as you hello ICRT wake up.

I lose the connection in the car all the time and then I turn on data to listen. A huge part of Taiwan doesn’t even have a radio connection or maybe in the office with no radio and only have internet connection but ICRT is like in some pre-internet world.

The managers over there like have no clue or stupid or what. Anyone that wants to listen to ICRT and has no antenna connection has to do it through internet do you understand hello. The timing is different so please quit trying to get me to synchronize my clock.

3 Likes

I have a hard time believing Afu the taxi driving Chinese teacher when he pronounces it as “keelung” or “KEE long” instead of “jīlóng 基隆”.

And I can’t even copy his Jiāyóu 加油.

Who was that woman standing in for Gavin this morning? She sounds sexy. Gavin if you pronounce it bAnqiao or TainAn or nAngung one more time I swear I’m going to keep listening :sleepy:

I believe that would be Sheray. She lives with her boyfriend.

I like her personality especially in contrast to Stevie G’s self indulged pubescent 11 year old kid stuff. They have morning chats most mornings at 9:30 a.m.

Thanks for that.

I’m stuck with the 7:30-8:30am drive slot. Some pretty boring BBC history type segments, some pretty interesting nature segments, some pretty good Gavin news bits, some pretty good intro music from Stevie G, some pretty tedious “today is national _____ day” but otherwise a pleasant cheerful chap who gets me looking forward to Friday’s, some pretty good songs after Stevie G’s intro bit.

Then I’m at work

information overload