ICRT for 2018/2019

hahahaha

this

I feel like that type of humor plays well here though. My Taiwanese family has a real immature sense of humor. I have to force myself to fake laugh a lot…

Also I find most Taiwanese I know don’t understand sarcasm.

Talking about his penis again calling it “Little winky” or something. The female DJ asked if he was going to about urination again.

Okay Scotty announced that this morning discussion subject is pet peeves on the road when you’re driving. Let’s see if he manages to talk about farts or urine or his penis in this subject.

This Friday night TED talk (which would normally be great) sucks on FRIDAY NIGHT. WTF who comes up with something like this?! :crazy_face:

Friday nights people are preparing to go out. Dinner, relax, time with family, dinner functions during the holidays… ICRT plays some freagin’ talk show when they could be drawing people in and making people feel good and wanting to listen more.

2 Likes

That’s some bad planning.
LOL

1 Like

Jazz starts now 8pm with Jamie Callum Show out of London, Jazz Trax with Art Good out of California until 11, then Anything Goes with Lise Avery.

1 Like

Heard the advertisement for the ICRT news app. Was going to install, but they are intrusive into private information.

Access to device location is ok but the rest like these are trying to obtain too much private information:

• Photos/Media/Files: Uses one or more of: files on the device such as images, videos, or audio, the device’s external storage

• Microphone

• Wi-Fi connection information: Allows the app to view information about Wi-Fi networking, such as whether Wi-Fi is enabled and names of connected Wi-Fi devices

• Device ID and call information: Allows the app to determine the phone number and device IDs, whether a call is active, and the remote number connected by a call

1 Like

This is what access to private information they want if you install the regular ICRT app.

• Identity

• Phone call log. Charges may apply.

• Photos/Media/Files including external storage

• Wi-Fi connection information including names of connected Wi-Fi devices

• Device ID & call information which allows the app to determine the phone number and device IDs, whether a call is active, and the remote number connected by a call, who you are talking to.

2 Likes

Why do they need this shit?

They don’t need it. They’re just trying to get information. They require more information than the majority of apps on the App Stores.

If you install these ICRT apps, you are basically giving them, a radio station, access to all your files, pictures, on your phone or external (like SD card or hard drives or maybe even dropbox), information about who you talk to, and more.

:rofl:

By the way, over the 4 hours, they cover and talk all styles from 1920s up until current. Really cool.

1 Like

I have a feeling it’s that their Android devs aren’t so up-to-date… you can always download the app and disable these permissions in system settings.

Replay most of it on Monday nights. Like now.

1 Like

Yet, the last post was on Jan 9!
Do you still follow this thread, @Lliao0211?

2 Likes

You can get that on any online jazz radio station!

Does she still work there?

Don’t spoil it for me. Anything is on the internet but I’ve locked it in as my Sunday night chill.

I don’t remember the last time I listened to the station outside of a taxi but did subscribe to a few of their podcasts I stumbled upon some weeks back and they really are bad. Granted, my sample size is four episodes though they were hand-picked and about things I know a bit about and/or am interested and the interviews were, objectively, terrible. You could have literally dropped a microphone in between two random people on the street and have come up with better questions.

To be fair, this forum is quite harsh on new posters.

They may be branded Newbs, or Noobies, or FOBS, or all kinds of terms; while the words they posted are ground down by the molars of ruminant animals, then regurgitated for a second chewing.

It’s not easy for marketing and promotion types to “get along” here.

You all should be more friendly, like the locals are.