ICRT Radio 2020 and Beyond

A new thread for 2020 since ICRT has recently made some format changes and to give Stevie G a new start.

“International Community Radio Taipei (ICRT) is Taiwan’s only English language broadcaster, with the mission of bridging cultural gaps and integrating the resources of Taiwan’s local and international communities for the ROC’s continued growth and prosperity.”

FIFY :smirk:

5 Likes

All kinds of Jazz 6-10pm Sunday nights.

1 Like

I’m fairly impressed by the quality of the commentators on this presidential election night January 11.

2 Likes

They were very good as I was listening to them driving back from work. There were a few technical issues, but on the whole impressive. I seem to recall that last time they called everything wrong, so we’ll wait and see.

Kudeta electro from Bali happening now.

I haven’t listened to radio in years, only podcasts. Does ICRT upload podcasts?

1 Like

I listen to ICRT on the internet and just got into the habit of catching some of their regularly scheduled shows.

Also occasionally pick up news or leads on events and Taiwan culture.

Looks like it. I haven’t tried any of these, but I may give some a shot because I’ve become utterly clueless about Taiwan news:
https://www.icrt.com.tw/podcasts.php?&mlevel1=12&mlevel2=31

Their podcasts are not bad at all, in fact.
Taiwan This Week shares a good review of the top news is the week;
EZ News brings a summary of the top news of the day;
And then there’s Taiwan Talk, which use to be better in the past, but still has some interesting interviews from time to time.

2 Likes

Nice to hear Stevie G correct his error about the coronavirus.

During the news, he was referencing a friend about someone dying in Texas which was wrong.

“my friend in the medical community told me” is not a reliable source especially about a subject that could scare the hell out of large groups of people who are looking to ICRT radio for reliable information when reporting news.

Edit: just heard on the news that anyone spreading fake or false news about the coronavirus could face prosecution under public safety laws.

Maybe dodged a bullet there.

Need some chill music tonight from 6-10pm?

1 Like

Why is the morning DJ today advising people not to get credit cards?

Having good credit is one of the most important necessities in adult life.

And establishing good credit usually starts with a credit card.

1 Like

Saturday night Electro starts now followed later by

Passport To Paradise
chill beach vibes from Bali.

Great stuff.

And then what’s going on with Latino music on Saturday nights. There’s obviously a time and place for Latino music but but but

Probably not a lot of interest in listening to that in Taiwan on a Saturday night. That’s even more of a niche market than jazz or blues or Grandma’s Music

I guess ICRT wants people to tune out. Seriously maybe the 24 or 36 Latinos that listen to the radio are interested but not many others.

Should try that at midnight after hours sometime when people that want to listen to it can select it.

In case you can’t catch the ICRT Sunday night Jamie Cullum show.

1 Like

A uh
And uh
Uh it’s
We’ll uh be uh telling you uh

Uh uh uh

“uh” is not a word.

Scores 5 points in Scrabble

2 Likes

Uh, that ain’t soundn kwite rite.

Start the night right.