Ideas for small team building activity around Taipei area

Trying to find a nice idea for team building activity around Taipei. Small group of four only, have only worked together remotely so far. Should last 2-3 hours maximum during afternoon or evening.
Ideas welcome!

An escape room or a VR gaming center (look up Viveland Taipei) would both be good options. They are both fun activities that require teamwork and communication.

6 Likes

It’s a mixed language group, so do you know if the escape rooms work in English?

1 Like

What’s the field of work? Paper towers is good for engineers, photo scavenger hunt can be a fun way to explore the city

Dinner and drinks is easy

Google tells me go carts, paintball, and laser tag are Taipei options

The only escape rooms I’ve been to are in Chinese only. I don’t know if you’ll find any in English.

The VR place offers both English and Chinese options, and a guide is always standing next to the group translating instructions for anyone who needs it. And by the way, it doesn’t require any experience with video games.

1 Like

Cooking class
Gokart
Art class
Volunteering
Hiking

3 Likes

We work on B2B service industry, no techies.

“Team building” is a myth. All it does is alienate the people who would rather not be there.

11 Likes

Here are some ideas for anti-social activities:

Personal day
Day at the coffee shop
Day at the bookstore

Last time I put things to a vote and my team picked coffee shop. Maybe not a good idea to put things to a vote.

4 Likes

haha, perhaps this is more of an ice breaker than a spirit- building thing because we never actually met in- person before

1 Like

yes, there is ine escape room in Gong guan in English. lazertag is also quite popular.

3 Likes

So what you’re saying is, it doesn’t have any impact on the people who do want to be there. Are you sure that’s what you mean to say?

Yeah, Limitless escape room. I went some months ago and they person that gives you the instructions speaks English.

2 Likes

Especially with too many options and a small group, might get a spread and have to disappoint most people which can have the opposite of desired effect. Or sometimes people don’twant to make a decision

Was it fun, a good experience?

1 Like

I’d like all to feel welcome, rather than feeling awkward about joining the group

Yes! I had never gone to a escape room and I had a really fun time with my uni club. :blush:

1 Like

Sure, who wants some people to feel awkward? How feasible this is depends on the people, and you know them better than we do. What team building activities would you recommend for them? And how will you accommodate the anti social ones that don’t want to do any team building?

Dump them in Ximenting.
Have them buy 4 random Japanese culture stuff from 4 random stores, by only pointing and saying “ke-ai”.
Then have them find their way to CKS Memorial by walking.
Should take 2-3 hours. Go to a bar afterwards to tell stories.

1 Like

so you never reach the point of escape? :scream: - hope you mean that’s the name of the place!

1 Like