Identify this BUG <June Termite Invasion>

Let’s just say you have a higher chance of being laid.

2 Likes

They are all male except for a couple princesses.

Actually, they take flight to mate in the air…following the princesses. Once copulation is successful, she sheds her wings and burrows making a new nesting site. The males who were not successful in copulation will die.

1 Like

I just dispatched three I found on the bathroom floor - one still with wings and two wingless ones in a row where the rear one was apparently following the front one around. Don’t know whether the latter pair was a male and a princess or a gay couple and I’ve just committed a hate crime, but either way they’ll have to try and make their nesting site in Taipei City’s sewerage system now.

1 Like

most likely they hitched a ride into your home on your clothes, bag, or hair.

Still, check your windows, doors, and stove vent for possible entry holes.

Nah, they’re definitely coming in through the windows - I haven’t left home today, and they’re increasing in number. The windows and curtains are all closed now, but I guess the seals aren’t perfect so they seem to find a way in anyway when the lights are on.

You can spray our pour any cleaning solution into your window tracks…something with bleach in it. They hate it and will wander away from it or drown.

Just be careful opening anything to the outside at night. They will swarm in. Best to do it in the morning.

2 Likes

Will this damage the tracks?

:man_shrugging:

I have to say this year’s crop is the worst I have seen at my house in the countryside. We had a bug zapper at the back of the house near our back screen door. Holy moly…must have zapped around a hundred before we closed the main door as they were swarming under the screen door to get inside.

1 Like

Don’t sweat it, my theory is nothing you do will have a discernible effect on next year’s brood :slight_smile: If you live in a wooden house, but you don’t I’m sure.

1 Like

Nope, just the finest concrete, as per the classical Taiwanese school of architectural thought.

2 Likes

I’m having trouble reconciling these two statements

3 Likes

…sorry.

1 Like

1 Like

Went to get my kid a drink of water after getting him to bed.

3 of those termites were crawling on the kitchen floor, one was flying.

I squashed the crawling ones and zapped the flying one…

It caught fire and set off the smoke alarm. Which, of course woke the baby.

Reset the alarm. Went back to bed.

Smoke alarm went off again 5 minutes later. No idea why…residual smoke maybe.

Woke up the kids again.

Now I’m in the dog house because they won’t go back down so easily.

Damn you flammable, combustible, horny termites!
:rage: :rant:

2 Likes

Windex them. It cleans AND kills.

Spray bottles work great and don’t need accuracy. Ethanol and Isopropanol also work well.

1 Like

or use hairspray. or WD40.

and nice rabbit, @Marco . she has a lot of choice there, i see. gotta find just the right one!

1 Like

See, you didn’t need to kill them. Karma, she is a bitch. :joy:

1 Like