Identifying a Pigeon. Help please

Our latest acquisition is a pigeon. Appears to be very slightly injured on one of its wings. It’s a racing bird and is ringed. Does anyone know how to identify the owner from the information on the ring – a bunch of numbers that don’t appear to be a telephone number.

Anyone? I’d like to get this done before it goes and dies on me or something.

Only the pigeon association of Taiwan has this information … and when it’s injured and it’s not a ‘price flier’ or a top bird they’ll wring the neck and put it in the soup …

Yeah, as I suspected. Oh well, the wife’s taking it to a bird vet up in town, from where it’ll be sent to a facility in Wulai for rescued birdies that aren’t indigenous to Taiwan, where it will live out its days in safety, apparently.
I’ll post the details of this place tomorrow, in case anyone else finds themselves with a bird in the hand. Now for a poem, in honor of the saving from an ignominious fate of Luther the Pigeon.

The spring is sprung
The grass is riz
I wonder where the boidies is?
They say the boid is on the wing
But that’s absoid.
The wing is on the boid.

Thank you, thank you.

It might well be a ‘Belgian’ bird … :slight_smile:

With a name like Luther? I doubt it.

Name it Eddy Merckx or Tom Boonen …

I caught one a few years ago. I thought it was sick, but it turned out it was just too darned tired to fly. I kept it in a makeshift cage and fed it maple syrup, cereal and fruit and lots of water. It really liked the diluted maple syrup. In a few days it was strong again. I was sad to let it go. It was so “quai.” I hope it made it back home safely.

Could have been on really long race. When I kept them in Oz some races were 800km! Anybody would get shagged out and rest for a few days.

Could you give us a description of the pigeon? Someone here might know who owns it.

Youse can have the ones on my roof that shite on ma washin, fer free.

Yes I suggest a nice human dead by injection or similar. There are too much of this brood out there and people who raise them should be put into their own cages.