If China decides to bomb Taiwan into submission, and you decide not to leave, where would you go?

You’ll have to supply yourself from the enemy.

1 Like

Oh yeah. Imagine oil tankers from the ME going to China suddenly developing large leaks while sailing past Thailand, Vietnam and Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines.

China’s internal domestic “issues” would not respond calmly to the redirection of oil and gas to the coast so that the wealthy could watch the grand reunification of Taiwan and China BREAKING NEWS on CNN.

I’d give it two weeks.

Wait a second, I thought you were going to Kaohsiung. : P

Guy

I can still catch a boat to Okinawa from KHH. Taipei is too big and crowded for me like a treadmill.

I strongly suspect the only organized groups on the island with the will and skill to take on the gongfei and collaborators will be the local gangsters. And they won’t be interested in restoring freedom to the common herd.

Gun control is the problem. Guns are outlawed, so only outlaws have guns. Political power flows from the barrel of a gun.

Now if some outside force could airdrop small firearms and ammo, there could be some real resistance. Terrorize the MPs with concealed weapons. The occupiers will of course ramp up brutalities against noncombatants as reprisals, so the resistance needs to be more sociopathic than average. They need to not care too much what happens to noncombatants. But sociopathy can be learned.

You can say we want the good guys to win. but we have to be flexible in our definition of “good guys” because there’s no way in hell the nice guys are going to win.

1 Like

Never mind that a fragile soul like yourself would last about 14 minutes here.

You all Nervous in the Service and all that (as me sainted Ma used to say, may she rest in peace).

Consider yourself lucky you weren’t around back in the Big Days, when there were armed soldiers at either end of all the bridges and you’d get your ass grabbed for driving too slow past the gates of the Army base.

You’d have been making in your cargo shorts every time you went outside.

1 Like

How exactly do you saint a Ma? Is it like salting a peanut?

If you had one, you’d know

I’ve had salted peanuts.

Golden Jaguar KTV in Taichung

1 Like

probably full of commie agents

3 Likes

:smile: How dare you !

We really need to make friends with Israel and get that iron dome system.

What we need are more capable long range missiles. Deterrent.

Technically, that’s a heading of 80 degrees… but there is a wee little bit of North in that vector, so I’ll let that pass.

Taipei and Naha are basically both at the same latitude.

and you’d not be the only one heading this way, I’m sure. Beg, borrow, or steal anything that floats. Possible to kayak from Hualien to Yonaguni in under 24 hours.

Run to where ? My in laws are here too. Most I’ll do is hole up with them in the countryside .

Also possible to end up in the middle of the Pacific like Pi Patel.

1 Like

When I was a kid, my granny (Mother side) told me a story about the Spaniards and Japan war that they went and hide to the mountain. The other granny (Father side) take a boat and sail from China to Manila.

I think there is nothing wrong about the topic it is just sharing on how to survive.

3 Likes

Go sit on the steps of the National Palace Museum and watch the fireworks. China won’t drop bombs on its “stolen” artifacts.

4 Likes