Hey, do you know how easy it is to make soybean milk?
Just follow this simple recipe, and if you have one of your own, feel free to share it with us!
2 cups dry white or black soybeans
3 teaspoons of sugar or honey
& lots of water
- Soak the soybeans in water overnight, at least 12 hours.
- Take 1 cup of soaked soybeans at a time, and put them in the blender; add 1 and a half cups of water. Blend thoroughly.
- Take the soy-water pulp and strain through a medium-fine colander.
- Trash the pulp and put all the soy-soup into a big stainless steel pot.
- Bring to a slow simmer and add a few teaspoons of sugar…
- After simmering 20 minutes, stop the heat and let it cool to room temperature.
- Bottle and stow the soybean milk in the fridge!
This milk should stay fresh for at least a few days. If you keep it really chill, maybe up to a week… Try it out!