If Ma is allowed to run for a 3rd term, can he win in 2016?

He’s not allowed to run for a 3rd term. What makes you think he is?

(Or did you mean “If Ma [color=#FF0000]were[/color] allowed to run for a 3rd term, [color=#FF0000]could[/color] he win in 2016?”)

He’s not allowed to run for a 3rd term. What makes you think he is?

(Or did you mean “If Ma [color=#FF0000]were[/color] allowed to run for a 3rd term, [color=#FF0000]could[/color] he win in 2016?”)[/quote]

Thank you. The title of this thread implies that there is some movement to allow Ma to run for a third term.

[quote=“PeregrineFalcon”]He’d be crushed.

Maybe Tsai 67%, Ma 33%.[/quote]
Let’s not forget in 2013 Ma’s approval rating was only around 9%. And I remember in the same week I read that article, there was another one that said the DPP suffered huge challenges in central Taiwan. Against a leader and party which at the time had only a 9% approval rating?! The KMT should’ve been a simple pushover.

I remember in the 2012 elections, it was a tight race. I knew that even if Ma did win, he wouldn’t win by as much of a result like he did in 2008. I also onew voters would abandon Soong. Sure enough, I was right.

If Ma ran for a third term, he couldn’t possibly win. And if Soong enters the race, well that will only take a few votes away from the KMT in this comming election. Not by much of course because everyone knows Soong is just there to make a name for himself. Don’t ya love it when politicians run for office when they know they can’t win.

OMG. The Chinese nationalist is really having Ma run for the 3rd term.

What are you talking about?