If Roe is struck down

As Wikipedia indicates, many immigrants from those places do it in the US as well. The preference for Americans is still for boys. It’s more ridiculous to assume that wouldn’t also translate into abortions in some way.

Point heard

Roe should be struck down because it was a garbage decision, regardless of your view on abortion.

Although it isn’t going any place, to answer the original question, it would simply revert back to the states to decide, which is probably a good thing. Of course, you could argue that a woman in southern Texas or Alaska or, really, any poor community, would be essentially banned from having the option, which probably isn’t so much of a good thing. Of course, it would probably be a situation like this which would bring a similar case back to the Supreme Court to reconsider under another argument.

If someone gets accidentally pregnant why shouldn’t they be allowed to terminate? Makes no sense to me.

Cause it’s life. Ughhhhhh! Presush life!!! :smirk::joy:

Pro-lifers are idiots.

1 Like

Yeah, that whole “life” thing is just so stupid… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I agree. Very stupid. Why care about something that hasn’t been born? I can understand people caring about a person after they’re born, but fail to comprehend the effort placed on a person pre-birth.

So do you think pro-lifers are idiots? I’m 100% pro-choice, but I don’t think the left’s framing of abortion as “reproductive care” or birth control is very healthy.

1 Like

Yes, I do. And I’m no longer left.

I was an accident - might explain a lot LOL. My mother was using the coil. Decision was made between both partners for me to be born. If the die had landed otherwise it would make no difference. Why make it such an issue?

The only argument I’ll accept with termination of pregnancy is the effect it has on doctors. Must be a tough thing to deal with and people should avoid putting them in that situation.

I wasn’t accusing you of being left. :sunglasses:

1 Like

How I feel about abortion in the first trimester (or even second) is VERY different than I how feel about it in the third trimester.

I’m pro-choice, but I think once the kicking starts and the fetus resembles a newborn there has to be some really compelling reasons to abort, like the mother’s health or the baby has deformities. If you feel an abortion is necessary then I generally think that’s a decision you should come to in the first 15 weeks or so.

2 Likes

There you go. Science is stupid.

The constitutional rationalization for abortion being a constitutionally recognized right is fairly absurd. However, with stare decisis it is unlikely to be redecided, just altered (Roe has already been altered and isn’t really the standard and hasn’t been for a while). States will chip away and SCOTUS will either not take the cases or affirm their constitutionality. This should get us more in line with how most countries deal with abortion in developed countries.

It can be when it’s wrong.

He just told us he was taken.

Again, a Constitutional issue. Could a federal law cover the states? If a state passed a law allowing duelling, for example, I imagine it would get struck down very quickly- but I don’t know on what grounds (genuine ignorance). Would that cover abortion?

Dave Chappelle warms up to the pro-choice group and then pulls the rug out from under them. So un-PC. https://youtu.be/MoudH-RPnEE Abortion is a complex issue. I wasn’t pro-life until I was pregnant with my first child and you know them before they take their first breath. You become sensitized to children’s issues very much in the same way that we love our pets. Once you have a cat or a dog in your household and then you see an animal being mistreated, you are hypersensitive. You can’t understand why anyone would cause harm to an innocent.

2 Likes

You don’t have to carry the child to term. So there are aspects of reproductive care you can’t understand even if educated about.

And pro-lifers are a bit dumb. How is it abortion is wrong but guns are good? Death penalty ok?

Only pro life speech I want to listen to is one from a Buddhist.

What? You’re conflating issues now and it’s a train wreck of an argument. A bit dumb you say?