If the CCP invades, will you fight?

Good find. I tend to forget Orwell’s ass kicking days.

2 Likes

He got shot through the throat, IIRC.

1 Like

Yurp. They sold off the scarf.

1 Like

He managed to make a joke out of it:

Catalonia

4 Likes

If the CCP invades, will you fight?

I can commit to continuing the bickering and moaning :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Question is: on which side?

1 Like

The tenderfoot Taiwanese youngsters are not gonna fight. Why should I? In any case I’m not a citizen here so I won’t.

The only real fighting that’ll be going on will be fighting for seats at the airport.

5 Likes

Pretty confident if they invade, it’ll all be said and done before we can even step out the door. Communications would likely be cut, so you wouldn’t be the first in line at the airport unless you lived next door.

Chapter 3: Warning Signs: ninety days ahead of an invasion warning signs would begin. Thirty days ahead clear signals would emerge that it’s time to go.

https://www.amazon.com/Chinese-Invasion-Threat-American-Strategy/dp/1788691768/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3UB2SYCJ1WHQ3&dchild=1&keywords=the+chinese+invasion+threat&qid=1609487442&sprefix=chinese+invs%2Caps%2C339&sr=8-1

1 Like

Thinking about it, if the ROC military were desperate enough to want me to fight the war would be almost over. Like those old guys with panzerfausts in Germany in '45.

3 Likes

My guess would be once the mass of CCP soldiers enter districts, anyone with a penknife thinking they would put up a fight, would put the penknife away and say to themselves, that was rather stupid of me.

1 Like

Anyone getting their hammers and knives ready just in case?

2 Likes

They treat us like shit, so no.

I’m pondering who to use as a human shield

Get some fat kids together and paint panda faces on them.

1 Like

I just have this lethal weapon and a couple of fruit knives :sweat_smile: :grimacing:

2 Likes

Fight my way through to the Taoyuan airport? Absolutely. If not that Songshan airport.

1 Like

The real question is will Taiwanese fight? WithTaiwan’s unserious four month conscription and rinky dink military training regime it’s hard to believe Taiwanese people really intend to put up a fight when the inevitable day of reckoning comes.

I spoke to a Taiwanese coworker yesterday. She asked if I was worried about China. She told me she was so she changed a lot of her TWD to Euros. I was like if shit hits the fan, the problem will be getting a flight out. She looked confused. I am not thinking about that, I am just thinking about the Twd going down. I bought some RMB too. Wtf?

Wonder how many others decided to change their money into the money of the country threatening them.

She didn’t even entertain the idea that Taiwan will put up a fight.

1 Like