If the CCP invades, will you fight?

I would join you , i can make improvised explosives if needed. My family can leave, but I am too old to start again but I could do a Tim McVeigh if needed against the CCP :grinning:

@BiggusDickus would be the obvious man to lead. And for training.
But we would be better off leaderless in the long run.

4 Likes

Iā€™m fat, old, and decrepit. I canā€™t walk more than a few meters without gasping. My only advantage is that I do know my way around firearms. I know how to take the safety off, and I know how to shoot. A problem is my eyesight, though. I can barely see my hand in front of my face, so a few instances of friendly fire may arise, thus rendering me possibly more of a hindrance than an asset to the Forumosa Militia.
Anyway, Iā€™ll fight. I have nowhere else to go.

6 Likes

ā€œThank you for your interest in joining the ROC Foreign Friends Militia. Please note that the system only accepts ROC ID numbers at present. Please ask a Taiwanese friend to help you register, thank you for your consideration.ā€

20 Likes

Havenā€™t you seen the posters on the Taipei MRT? If I remember correctly, you can choose between an umbrella and a rucksack.

4 Likes

Youā€™d be surprised how effective these can be in a hand-to-hand to situation. Donā€™t work too well against missiles in a saturation attack unfortunately.

1 Like

Without proper arms, Iā€™d go with a Resistance, and not some ideologically uterine oneā€¦summin Old School full of yellowing bruises and thick fingers.

Did I know this and forget? Fucking brain. :grandpa:
Oh, and thereā€™s no such thing as a ex-Marine.

Iā€™m beginning to see a pattern here.

All death is glorious.

Oorah :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

If the CCP invades, simpleā€¦kill them and take their shit.

4 Likes

Our two chief weapons shall be fear and surprise and ruthless efficiencyā€¦

2 Likes

Fucking Happy Mariam Militia

So we approach at dawn, coughing
in the nood on grinding knees
and gyrating hips.

1 Like

Indeed. Iā€™d be a fā€™ing useless grunt. Iā€™m nearly 50, hopelessly short-sighted, and I probably couldnā€™t kill anyone, even if theyā€™re invading my country. I know nothing about soldiering. So Iā€™d just get in the way. OTOH itā€™s one of those things where you canā€™t be sure what youā€™d do until it happens. Assuming foreigners arenā€™t told to leave prior to invasion (which seems likely) Iā€™d probably volunteer to do something useful.

2 Likes

Too old to fight. Will meet them with passive resistance, which, given itā€™s against the PLA, will bother them not in the least.

1 Like

I say we pay an elite hacker to royally fuck up their computer, data and communication systems from Zhongnanhai to PLA so that their whole operation goes chaos and mayhem plus self destruct.

Game over!

2 Likes

I like both of those ideas and when combined it is a win win

This makes me laff. ā€œI could never kill, but maybe if it came down to him or me, maybe I couldā€¦maybe.ā€ I will admit though, without shame, that I had the same philosophical back and forth in my head the first time I took a deer. Lasted the entire time it took me to sight it in and flex my index finger.

Take the gun, point it in the right direction and squeeze the trigger until it doesnā€™t go boom any more. Youā€™re not killing anything. Youā€™re just carefully performing a series of tasks.

2 Likes

I can drive a truck or count boxes.

Animals, people ā€¦ different things. No problem with killing an animal for food.

I realise that soldiers become used to killing fellow humans quite quickly, and do just view it as ā€œperforming a series of tasksā€. I donā€™t particularly want to get to that place, not least because I know I have it in me to do so.

My great-uncle spent many hours dropping bombs on German cities. It haunted him forever, even though he didnā€™t have to see the victims and knew it was a fight for survival.

I just hope China never decides itā€™s a good plan to put Taiwan in this position, but it seems to me that some governments get so full of themselves that they think they can do anything they like without repercussions. China seems to have already reached that point.

Iā€™ve read about RAF pilots who flew over Dresden, turned around and dropped everything in the channel. Sorry to hear the old fella suffered.

2 Likes

Do not look at invading soldiers as human beingsā€¦Dehumanize them.

1 Like

Not going to take a leaf out of the CCPā€™s book. If we become like them, whatā€™s the point? Better dead than Red, as they used to say.