If you could be a tree, any tree, what kind would you be? and why?

Don’t be a willow or paulownia tree, because I’d cut it down to make charcoal…

Don’t be mahogany, maple, alder, ash, rosewood, or ebony tree, because I’d cut it down to make guitars.

Try to be a fruit tree, because no one cuts down fruit trees.

[quote=“Taiwan Luthiers”]Don’t be a willow or paulownia tree, because I’d cut it down to make charcoal…

Don’t be mahogany, maple, alder, ash, rosewood, or ebony tree, because I’d cut it down to make guitars.

Try to be a fruit tree, because no one cuts down fruit trees.[/quote]
See my treeas…no one cuts them non plus.

Why would you want to be a tree? Id want to be a tiger, so i can eat people. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m sure somebody already wrote Ent tree, that would be me.

Today, I am thinking that I am more of a maple expressing myself through my various colors… some are bright red and orange, while others are delicate hues of gold and brown.

choose a tree and be done with it OP! i’ve made the mistake of contributing to this thread - i don’t want to be reminded of this every time I log on because you’ve decided you want to be a different kind of tree today! :unamused:

I would like to be the Baba Wawa tree. So I can ask other trees what kind of people they would be.

But I am not sure whether that would be a sugar maple or another kind of maple… Japanese maples also turn the full range of colors don’t they? and is there such a thing as a Canadian maple? I mean given that they have the leaf and all?

ahh!! I want to unsubscribe!

I just saw this great photo of a Mt. Fuji maple… and that is definitely the tree that I think that I am today. Whew! Isn’t it great when you find out exactly what it is that you want to find?

I want to be a Self-balancing binary search tree… i need more self balancing…

1 Like

I already am a tree.

But variety is the spice of life and all that. Sometimes I wouldn’t mind being a species of Corymbia. I’d be in it for the landscape, mostly. Something like this would be fine.

Viterbi tree.

What I have erred, let them be undone, through the most convoluted path.

A banyan tree so I can quickly take over everything in my path. Muahahahaah!

I favour the Common Beech, though I’m mighty tempted to go for the English Yew.
Sassafras, and the Horse Chestnut, of course, each get an honourable mention; and moreover, who could ever forget the Larch.

“How To Recognize Different Types Of Tree From Quite A Long Way Away”

Why?

…res ipsa loquitur…

I’d be a bristlecone pine. The longest-living tree.

I am feeling a bit tired today and very relaxed so, today, I envision myself as a willow with long languid branches drooping over a cool fish-filled pond…

No… I am wrong… not a willow but a variegated dogwood and that would be because I would have a greater range of “bark.” whoo hooo hahah. I am such a kidder… but seriously, I think that variegated dogwoods have a certain elegance to them that would just fit in beautifully with my weekend dinner plans. Voila! Je suis le dogwood hahahahaha

Every dogwood has its day.

Too late. :stuck_out_tongue: