If you ever wondered why we can't have good things in Taiwan, here is why

This is just the advantage that home grown firms have in the US with the entrepreneurial culture and deep pockets of silicon valley.
Taking into account Taiwan’s biz culture, gogoro is a great success.
Those things above aren’t scooters.
Agreed that they should at adding some more bargain basement options , electric bike like.

Not even related to a scooter. These tiny e-steps (not scooter) are good to go for a few km/miles, but can not compete with a real e-scooter. E-steps are for hipsters. :laughing::thinking:

2 Likes

Right, Gogoro is successful and if they adapted the kind of WeMo ‘take and go’ rental they would be even more.

Wemo have an interesting model too, it’s all good.

For good customer service of course. You really don’t want to piss off your customers any more than you have to.

50% is no small price decrease - so a goodwill gesture would be nice.

Come on, if you bought a TV for 40k and the next week it was down to 20k, you’re not going to feel a bit peeved? (and if you bought it from Costco, I bet you’d take it back and just buy it again!)

It would piss me off, at the same time it’s not illegal or anything.

This reminds me a little of when a developer discounts property in China to sell it faster and crowds of speculator investors crowd around the offices crying about it z whereas they would not give two shits if you bought it off them at an inflated price !

South Park’s comment on e-steps.

Brilliant :joy:

Quite a generalization you made here. I only drove aggressively when I was on the racing track with my sports car. So I guess I’m a retarded a$$hole too?
I knew a uber rich person who would switch super cars once every few month, and he was a driving instructor who had the best manner driving on the road. I guess he was an a$$ too?

Nothing good comes out when you generalize, I’m sure you know that. Not trying to troll…

However, I do agree that more then normal shares of “retards” own those expensive cars here, and they don’t know how to drive them too.

Haven’t seen that many sports cars here, but I drive a lot of motorcycle myself and a lot of motorcycle riders out on the weekends who drive very aggressively, but most of them are quite good drivers.

But anyway, isn’t the whole point of having a sports car/motorcycle to speed and and fun ? If you just were looking at getting from a to b you get s Toyota

I was really into race driving, so I only did so on a track. Not on any public roads. This was only possible because there was a racetrack near my house back in the states,

Here, I’d imagine it’s hard to find a place to drive aggressively and be safe too. But I’ve witnessed enough moronic drivers and riders endangering other drivers/riders because of their lack of skills and common sense…

I am just against driving aggressively on public roads. I know this is such an idealistic idea, but I really wanted to be safe without endangering others, I realize this is much harder idea to follow through here if you are a motor sport enthusiast though.

What do you expect ?

When you open your legs before he opens car$ door?

My first car was a '73 Camaro and I bought it from a mechanic who liked muscle cars and knew how to work on them. It was fast and could keep up with the 300Z when that first came out. But even at 16-20 years old, I knew when to take it nice and easy, and when to let go a bit (that is, which roads I needed to go slow on and which roads I could speed things up). The drivers of sports cars here lack that discernment, and so you have things like people racing up a mountain road on a Saturday morning when all the runners and cyclists and old folks are going up the same road. It really boggles the mind.

Edit: I guess somebody else was kind of saying the same thing.

What’s the answer? Don’t buy a sports car here. Really. It doesn’t make a bit of sense.

1 Like

Their potential customer bases overlap. Someone who started to use Bird etc is less likely to buy their own Gogoro scooter. (those with shorter commutes and with good public transport options)

In Europe, Gogoro does ride sharing (some deal with Bosch) so it is in direct competition to e-steps.

Technologically Gogoro is much closer to e-steps than EV cars.
Cars have much larger structural, safety, HVAC, comfort related systems compared to scooters.
E-step manufacturers can design models with spec closer to Gogoro offer.

What stands Gogoro apart from competition is their battery swap tech (if they can successfully defend the IP)

This is just the advantage that home grown firms have in the US with the entrepreneurial culture and deep pockets of silicon valley. Blockquote

Yes, it would be great to see what Gogoro could do with that level of funding.

so other country’s can use wind power, but taiwan should use coal because of anti nuke groups? i don’t get the logic. why not use wind power because of anti-nuke groups. its not like we are on the typhoon belt or anything…

The estep thingy couldn’t get most commuters all the way between A and B. Gogoro can. Also gogoro can carry two people, some shopping, a dog, do deliveries…
There’s some overlap I give you that for some users. But I don’t think estep folks could build a decent scooter like Gogoro.
In the end those companies have massive valuations mainly because they are US tech companies, I guess they are all losing money hand over fist still. They will bust if capital markets dry up.

1 Like

Costco will do that, no discussion.

And than there is the …IPO! :dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar:$$$$$

Yep that’s the main aim for these guys…Cash out.

1 Like