If you had to choose a franchise which one?

Which Franchise sucks the least? Is Best?

• Hess
  • Kid Castle
  • Melody
  • Sesame Street
  • Joy
  • Other… please post

0 voters

If you had to select any of the available franchises for Kindergarten English in Taiwan which franchise system would you make your number one choice?

I know many people think that they are all crap, but which one would you take if you had to take one?

Also, which syllabus is the best?

Melody, well she sucks alright, but that’s probably a story that I should put into the "what do you like about your hometown’ thread!

Problem with franchises is that they’re all run by individual managements. I work for a great buxiban, been with them for over 3 years now, will leave them only when I leave Taiwan. Yet one suburb away, a buxiban that goes by the same name is run by a knucklehead who I wouldn’t even bother throwing a pot a luke warm light beer on.

So tough poll. Everyone hates HESS though don’t they?

I posted wrong. The Hess franchise should be happy anyway, I voted for you by mistake :wink:

So, where do you want your vote to go? I will put it there for you. I haven’t voted yet

OK BOss, then I’ll vote for Sesame street. My like I said, they differ from place to place. Thanks.

Kid Castle
I could hardly recommend a chain that has a grammar mistake in its name.

This should be amusing. I always wondered which people posting on Segue were kindergarten teachers … and how many of them there were.

You don’t have to be a Kindy teacher to give advice. Perhaps you have had experience in the past that you would like to share.

I’m not quite sure if you mean which franchise would you choose to work for or which one would you choose to join if you had a school.

I don’t think Hess is a franchise. I may be worng, but aren’t they all branch schools controlled by the head office?

Brian

ok, which system would you choose to work with?

bump

bassman,

I would suggest not using any franchise. Build your own system.

Happy Marian has a very good rep in Taipei at the moment.

Brian

bassman,

I would suggest not using any franchise. Build your own system.[/quote]

It was just a bump my good man. I knew it would get your attention.

No franchises for this boy but I would be stupid not to do my homework on the other noddies that are out there.

Can I vote for “Mark’s English School” in Taichung ?

bassman,

I would suggest not using any franchise. Build your own system.[/quote]

It was just a bump my good man. I knew it would get your attention.

No franchises for this boy but I would be stupid not to do my homework on the other noddies that are out there.[/quote]

How about that “Windhands” silliness I called you about. Just park your kids in front of a computer and you won’t have to hire those pesky foreigners to teach! :laughing:

What about WeiGa? I heard it is owned by the bastard son of CKS. Is that true? Sure must be a lotta yuks up there…

A popular theme I’ve seen in Kindies is the IDEAR system…kinda whack as the instructions are all in German…but you buy yourself a cookie-cutter kindie…just familiarize yourself with the veritable cornucopeia of resources and away you go…it looks good…but you can do better piece-working what you like instead…so my vote does not go for this system, I was just tossing it into the mix.

Bossman, if I was gonna start a kids school, I’d try to model after what American Eagle is doing in Hsin Chu…at least, physical plant-wise…curriculum-wise, I would make my own.

Alas, although I love working with kids and they with me, I will no longer do that. Adults all the way. I am years away from it, but I hope to follow in yours and Durin’s footsteps, but an all-adult location…or two…