If you Think the Sidewalks are Safe Better Think Again

Three people dead. They did not see it coming.
My wife and I walked there last weekend, and I commented on some people staring at their phones. Pretty much right there I asked my wife to never do that, watching her phone while being exposed to traffic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxXBIiqoWaE

These people did not look at their phones, still no chance.

Horrible. Two families destroyed by a jerk. Someone lost both parents in a blink.

The couple was standing with their backs to traffic, loading their truck. The other person was well inside the sidewalk, not even by the edge. There are columns in between. Sigh.

I mean, there are street races every night where I live. What kind of idiot races at rush hour? Someone was bound to get killed, unfortunately, it was not the jerk at the wheel before he made a mark of destruction.

Remember that foreigner who was leaning against a column and suddenly he was struck by a car? Like that.

the worst part of taiwan.

6 Likes

Was just thinking of that. Up in Jeelong.
In Chicago was constantly looking over my shoulder for fear of getting jumped.
Here itā€™s for fear of getting my legs (or my life) taken out from some reckless douche.

1 Like

Spoiled kid with a rap sheet longer than industrial toilet paper, abetted by parents, a gangster wannabe even heidao wonā€™t bother to deal with even though they are disgusted by his existence, not even drunk or drugged to excuse such behaviorā€¦

ā€¦brags about the whole deal on FB, his so called friends pick him up at the police station in souped up rented carsā€¦yep, the car that crashed was a Friggin rental even though kid had his license revoked for drunk drivingā€¦

And then they ask why this happens again and againā€¦

English version

terrifying. Iā€™m around that area all the time. every now and then I hear the flatulent roar of an exorbitantly expensive car tearing down the road at high speed, and every time I think about how easily someone could get killed by whatever rich bastard is driving it.

nobodyā€™s impressed, buddy. just makes me think you have a micropenis.

1 Like

The gang he pretended to be in put out a hit on him lol. This guys a gangster? His real name Clarence

This guy thinking heā€™s bad ass racing with a rented Toyota lol.

2 Likes

Gosh, this is so terrible. I couldnā€™t immagine if any of my family was involved in something like thisā€¦ people really never think about what the consequences of their actions might be, and the lives they might take with them.
I hope he rots in jail for the rest of his life

How did he rent the car without a license
If it was the rental car company not doing due diligence they are also liable
If it was the parents throw the book at them too

5 Likes

What sidewalks?

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

ā€œIncommunicadoā€? Is that Spanglish? why not to write it ā€œincomunicadoā€?

1 Like

Itā€™s Spanglish, but itā€™s ā€œofficialā€ Spanglish.

Who said itā€™s safe to walk around in Taiwan? Taiwan has less public crime but crazy drivers.

F*ck these guys. No moral compass, no sense of shame, no sense that they share this place with others. Absolutely the worst.

Guy

2 Likes

Looks like the gang he claimed he was part of didnā€™t like their name besmirched and put a hit out for him.
I doubt they will kill him cuz heā€™s a kid but probably will be beaten to an inch of his life.

Wouldnā€™t want to be him

Absolutely disgusting that these cases are treated under Article 185 of the Criminal Code.

Street racing is not ā€œdamaging or obstructingā€ (ęå£žęˆ–å£…å”ž) in any sense, and 7 years is nowhere near reasonable especially given the driving without a license which had already been revoked for drunk driving.

Vehicular homicide, driving dangerously causing death involving street racing, and in some jurisdictions up to and including murder charges, usually with a significant sentence or life imprisonment. Here in Taiwan heā€™ll get out in 7 years and be right back at it.

I just got home from road number 7. Time ago I noticed that there was some racing scene going on there by night. But now itā€™s NUTS. Itā€™s worse than what number 9 used to be.

I called the police 3 times until somebody finally decided to attend me. He said he would ā€œsend the policeā€ to stop the racing. then I saw a patrol just stopped and doing absolutely nothing. they were on their phones and the kids on scooter racing up to Fuxing. Had to tell them that there were 20+ cars racing like crazy and that they almost hit me twice. Then I told them that only 2 days ago 3 people were killed by two other idiots racing in Taipei, and that maybe they should do something. They said ā€œOkā€ many times and pull offā€¦ but I highly doubt that they did anything.

Actually I had stopped in Fuxing township and saw several cars (one of them with a nascar/racing looking) and decided not to tell them anything because it was gonig to end up badly.

The worst thing is that on the way home I thought that while these guys are racing like assholes and getting away with it, I could get a speeding ticket with any of these random radarsā€¦ so did I, I think. At least I triggered the flash, doing 70 in a 60 road (or perhaps 60 on a 50).

Fuck me.

1 Like

these bastards are a more extreme version what you are saying applys to most of the drivers in taiwanā€¦