If you Think the Sidewalks are Safe Better Think Again

My wife just told me that the prosecution upgraded the charges to murder.
She probably means something like what Hsinhai78 mentioned the other day, like conditional intent.

What is with the driver of the white car, shouldn’t he be part of this too.
Engaging/provoking in dangerous behavior, something like this?

Both drivers have been charged with murder.

2 Likes

As it should be …the charge should be murder and not accidental death

2 Likes

hey if taiwan wants to differentiate itself from china then start with sorting out the fucked up roads.

1 Like

Source?

News.

Any link?

I guess that was yesterday’s news. Now a judge has rejected the prosecutor’s charge of murder, on the basis that the racers did not know the victims, therefore could not have had intent.

Bail posted at NT$100.000 and NT$150,000.

Back to Public Endangerment and Negligent Death, I suppose.

By that logic any random murder lacks intent when the killer doesn’t know the victim :frowning:

3 Likes

I am really curious as to why we haven’t seen the parents of this specimen on tv. Notably, they should have cameras hanging from their balconies by the next day.

Yet not a peep.

Not even the usual kowtowing and fake apologies. No interviews with neighbors or their second cousin twice removed. No digging on their FB page for the world to see. Nada.

Fascinating.

And as per our lovely Taiwan News and other unreliable sources, no one has paid the bail even though it was set at a ridiculous low amount for such a heinous crime.

1 Like

But he wasn’t trying to kill someone. He was just being a reckless moron.

It seems pretty clear that they want to disown him. This may be why he’s such a pathetic specimen in the first place.

1 Like

Indeed. He said it himself: I am a bad boy. Sometimes parents create self fulfilling prophecies. How many times was he told this, internalized it and made it a reality?

Obviously he is not wealthy. He does not even have friends wealthy enough. They are wannabes. No Ferraris involved. A Toyota.

How much is a life worth by law here? 2 million? Parents put up 6 million and he is back up on the streets. Easy if you got dough. But if his parents can’t or gave up, this kid can’t cough that amount. Not will his so called friends.

1 Like

Does anyone know what his words were in Chinese describing himself as a bad boy?

No but I’ve been studying chinese lately so I got this. .

Probably something to the effect of 不好boy .

2 Likes

There was a similar case in Berlin (1. February 2016). Two morons (24 and 26 y/o) raced through the city in tuned expensive cars doing 170km/h. One of them killed a man in his car while going through red light. Turned out he was just showing off with leased car he could barely pay, while living with his mom…
The first court sentenced them both to life in prison for murder. They appealed and it got reversed to involuntary manslaughter (German Article)
While the first court decided, you are well aware you would kill someone racing through a highly populated area. The higher court did not see intent to kill. The retrial is looking at a maximum of 5 years in prison.

The law was changed to allow higher punishments up to 10 years in prison after this event.

1 Like

From last week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBUgVoaK66A

Three Polish rich kids racing in Slovak Republic. Aftermath: one dead, another seriously injured.

壞小子 most probably. Press refers to hin as 屁孩. Looking for the money quote…

And trust Apple to dig dug: no one in his family has a job. Weird.

EDIT:
Yep, 「我就是壞小孩」

Its not unheard of for some families here that nobody has a job . I know at least two where the father is well off and retired and out of the adult kids only one works and they live at home still. They play with stocks, rent out properties and just live off pensions…That kind of stuff.
The neighbor in this case is just quoted as saying they don’t need to work.

2 Likes

Germany has a solution for car freaks, the ‘Nordschleife’ - Nürburgring

You pay for a race, when you crash you pay for being towed out and pay for damages, probably your insurance won’t cover your car.

1 Like

Still would love to know more. Well connected? retired civil servants perhaps?

Yep, I know a few of those “do not need to work” types but they still have businesses to tend to. However, usually the wealth stops at the second generation, who gambles the wealth away or “invests” in get rich quick schemes…