If you wanted to introduce Jeremy Irons & James Earl Jones

If you wanted to introduce Jeremy Irons and James Earl Jones to someone, which of their movies (or TV series available at, say, Blockbuster) would you recommend? I’m looking for more than bit parts or cameos. What movies do they do their best acting in, and what are the best movies in which they have a substantial presence, in your opinion?

For Irons I’d say Dead Ringers

imdb.com/title/tt0094964/ its pretty nuts though

For James Earl Jones I would go for Conan. But only the first one - it is the only one with him in it, and the only decent Conan movie as well.

As for Jeremy Irons - I second Dead Ringers. Kafka and M.Butterfly were both pretty good too, though.

Jeremy Irons, I’d like you to meet James Earl Jones. Mr. Jones, this is Jeremy Irons.

Dammit Jim, I’m a doctor, not a dating service!

Jeremy Irons - Lolita

Alternative: Die Hard with a Vengeance (Simon says …)

James Earl Jones is a bit difficult, can’t recall that I have seen any movie / series where he played the lead. I do remember him best from the Harrison Ford movies Patriot Games & Clear and Present Danger, but he played a smaller role there. And of course he was the voice of Darth Vader in Star Wars 3-6. :wink:

Jeremy Irons–Dead Ringers, The Mission (also with Robert DeNiro and a great Ennio Morricone soundtrack).
James Earl Jones–The Hunt for Red October.

Jeremy Irons was pretty hot in “Damage”, and I second “Lolita”, too. I never saw “Dead Ringers”, strangely enough.
James Earl Jones was only cool as the voice of CNN, and maybe in Dr. Strangelove. :slight_smile:

[quote=“twonavels”]Jeremy Irons was pretty hot in “Damage”, and I second “Lolita”, too. I never saw “Dead Ringers”, strangely enough.
James Earl Jones was only cool as the voice of CNN, and maybe in Dr. Strangelove. :slight_smile:[/quote]

field of dreams for JEJ…and don’t forget the whole brideshead revisited series for jeremy irons…

Jeremy Irons finest hours?

video.google.com/videosearch?q=p … l=en&emb=0

I heard James Earl Jones wore platform shoes in those Star Wars movies.

Depends on who you’re introducing them to.

Jeremy Irons: The Merchant of Venice, Damage, Lolita.

James Earl Jones: I’m not sure. Maybe an audio recording. I caught him doing improv one time, and that was fantastic, but can’t think of a big screen role that adequately displays his skill.

James Earl Jones has the greatest voice but he hasn’t had many headlining roles. I liked him in Coming to America.

Yeah, that’s what prompted this. Actually we were watching the Lion King, and I was recognizing some of the voices used, and Dragonbabe said ‘who?’.

For a voice over?

For a voice over?[/quote]

I don’t know what you mean. Are you saying he wasn’t inside that Darth Vader outfit?

Next thing you’ll be telling me Kenny Baker wasted his time going to those whistling lessons.

Now now, my Irish friend, I am sure you know damn well that it was English weight lifter David Prowse who donned the mask and black robs, with Earl Jones just doing the voice overs.

Now now, my Irish friend, I am sure you know damn well that it was English weight lifter David Prowse who donned the mask and black robs, with Earl Jones just doing the voice overs.[/quote]

Ha ha. Yeah, RIGHT. Next you’ll be telling me those light sabers weren’t for real.

Of course those were real, you can even buy them here: STAR WARS LIGHTSABERS