If you were wanting to produce a kids' English TV program

I mean a real, learning program for younger kids, part Sesame Street, part buxiban, part Art Attack, part variety show…

How would you go about it?
What would your priorities be?

Anyone here ever had any experience getting a show on TV? I knew a guy who did some local cable show in Taichung years ago…would getting on a local station be more of a viable option?

Would you call the station and plug your idea or try to get a sponser first? And, what would the costs be?

Jds
feeling frisky today…
:rainbow:

Is this anything ABC Bakery? Never got a chance to see the show but met some people who either auditioned or got jobs. Sounded fun.

I always felt ABCBakery was more variety show…

I’d like something that was a bit less entertainment and more actual learning and inclusive, as in the kids at home could join in…

I’m thinking of something new…not a copy of what’s already out there…:slight_smile:

BTW, that was a fast response! wow!

[quote=“jdsmith”]I always felt ABCBakery was more variety show…

I’d like something that was a bit less entertainment and more actual learning and inclusive, as in the kids at home could join in…

I’m thinking of something new…not a copy of what’s already out there…:slight_smile:[/quote]

Sounds like lots of fun and work :laughing: Would probaby be expensive to do on your own too. Kiss up to asiababy. She’s got some great ideas and contacts.

Just came out of a migraine so I’m feel pretty frisky myself.

ABC bakery is bien tai!

I think it would be really cool to have people dressed up as scary, evil looking spiders. That cute and furry shit just doesn’t cut it any more.

yeah or something really fucked up like a psychodelic show on a blue screen to the music jefferson airplane". can you say “trip”, boys and girls? todays words are:

bad acid
i’m FKd up
groovy retro trip

personally i think ABC bakery is alice in wonderland/bad trippish!

jd

There was this dude calling himself, “Brian Funshine” posting ads around here a while back. Singing and dancing kind of stuff. You might want to talk to him about shows.

Durins Bane
President
Brian Funshine Fan Club.

Hey, I’m a Brian Funshine fan myself!

I was joking. :blush:

I better go put on some Sabbath to cleanse myself of this “Funshine” stuff.

brian’s a nice guy. contacted me a few times. he’s got his thing together definitely from what i’ve seen.

I better go put on some Sabbath to cleanse myself of this “Funshine” stuff.[/quote]

Shame on you! :laughing: I just laughed out loud and my two year old wants to know “What happened mommy? Why you laughing mommy?”

I have a corny new name myself. I’ll PM it to you for a laugh. Then it’s back to work for me.

I better go put on some Sabbath to cleanse myself of this “Funshine” stuff.[/quote]

Shame on you! :laughing: I just laughed out loud and my two year old wants to know “What happened mommy? Why you laughing mommy?”

I have a corny new name myself. I’ll PM it to you for a laugh. Then it’s back to work for me.[/quote]

Corny new name? Good…one more piece of information to put in your dossier that I can use against you at a later date. :laughing:

I was thinking of guys like Brian for the variety part, once in a while…but not the whole shehbang.

Well, you can have some singing cats, a Chef, and a bunch of post-adolescents dressed up in weird uniforms doing their best N-Sync meets Barney impression… wait, that’s been done.

Really, what will your target age group and level of English be? Is it meant to supplement kids who are already attending buxibans or to complement a kindergarten style program?

With younger kids you need something flashy and cute to keep their attention. You’ll need some kind of gimmick. Older kids could be interested with clever skits. Have you ever seen “Read Between the Lions”? That is a GREAT children’s show, on par with Sesame Street, but aimed at S St. graduates.

Back to serious: has anyone heard of anyone getting an English show, or any other show for that matter on LOCAL cable?

That would seem to be cheaper.

[quote][quote=“puiwaihin”]

Really, what will your target age group and level of English be? Is it meant to supplement kids who are already attending buxibans or to complement a kindergarten style program?[/quote]

I would hope to be able to do both. Make the beginning stuff fun enough that the older/more advanced kids wouldn’t get bored, and make the garder stuff entertaining enough that the beginning kids wouldn’t go to sleep, droll…etc.

Or the younger kids would have to be doing something…ie, learning something. Flash is ok…but flash has been done to death and is only midly effective IMHO in Taiwan.

My son used to repsond to the Taiwanese YOYO TV kids shows “NOOOOOO DAD! Not this!! MAKE IT GO AWAY!”

ISYN
(I shit you not)

Have a story line that would make the kids want to watch, irrespective of the level. Something like the show “Lost”.

like i said, hire me and other said person to do the music. we have our work method down. and i write kids songs quite fast. it takes me like 15 minutes to do the midi arrangement–FROM SCRATCH. said person sings great. i would get Limey to do all the audio work if i were you. you do Pro Tools, right Limey?