If you're married, why not wear a wedding ring?

I think the less said about the quality of Slick Ah-Chung’s Jewelry Emporium – “All you can carry for NT$99, guaranteed” – the better, don’t you chief? :wink:

I don’t think I have a wedding ring. I suppose that’s one reason I don’t wear it. There ain’t no “it”.

I think it is really trite when people think that just because something is a symbol of something in their own countries, it is a symbol of the same world over.
Wedding rings just aren’t a Chinese thing.
In some cultures couples get tattooed to show their commitment. If you didn’t get tattooed for your spouse, you clearly don’t love her.

Before anyone suggests it the tattoo thing is not English…thats just the Beckhams.

I bought ours when platinum was three and six. So I sold them last year and bought a house in Kensington.

Ok, so you and your hubby can wear them, but don’t judge others about it. Sounds to me like you’re pretty insecure and don’t trust your husband. Apparently you’re afraid he’ll cheat on you and pray that a little ring on his finger will scare off the ladies. Well, I hate to tell you but it don’t work that way. You should know that the moment he walks out the door that ring is off his finger and he’s on his way to Carnegies, where the girls throw themselves at him. I know, because I’ve seen him there with ladies all over him – and no ring on his finger.

As for me, my wife and I never wear ours. I wear no jewelry except a watch. Never have liked wearing jewelry. My wife rarely wears jewelry too. No watch and no rings. I’m not sure where our rings are (oh, and I’m American).

Perhaps if you and your hubby developed a more trusting relationship you wouldn’t need to rely on your rings for emotional support either. :slight_smile:

Was this a joke?

:laughing: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Hmm, now what kind of tattoo shall I get?

inconvenient when dealing with a little kid all day?

You should aim lower, the ones I “deal” with don’t understand what they mean.

HG

Woah, there. You are waaaaay off base.

Not every man is a cheater, especially mine!

I’m actually very happily married, thank you very much! This isn’t about insecurity at all.

So I do hope that was a joke.

You should aim lower, the ones I “deal” with don’t understand what they mean.

HG[/quote]

good lord man! i mean, he’s only one and two months. how much lower can you go? :stuck_out_tongue:

An interesting take on things that sporting a wedding ring would be a deterrent to would-be suitors. I have found quite the opposite…

This got me a bit interested. I am wearing my engagement ring, but not the wedding ring (too soft gold), and I am normally wearing it on the right hand ring-finger - today on the left hand, because the right is swollen.

But, what made me interested was “which finger on which hand”???

I don’t even remember what is supposed to be correct where I come from. What is correct other places? Gym Rat, what is correct where you come from?

In the USA, traditionally the wedding ring is worn on the left hand, on the finger next to the little finger.
This is for both men & women.

I have seen this reversed, worn on the same finger on the right hand, in other cultures. Been told that that location was their tradition.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]In the USA, traditionally the wedding ring is worn on the left hand, on the finger next to the little finger.
This is for both men & women.[/quote]

correct, and thus, the “ring finger” …

[quote=“xtrain”][quote=“TainanCowboy”]In the USA, traditionally the wedding ring is worn on the left hand, on the finger next to the little finger.
This is for both men & women.[/quote]

correct, and thus, the “ring finger” …[/quote]

And that’s “ring finger” in ALL languages, is it?

And as for Iris, neither she nor her spouse wear a ring. That’s because on their wedding day they each partook of the “Holy Potato of Matrimony.” That creates a bond far stronger than any two-bit ring idea devised by jewellers to boost profits.

But Gym Rat, everyone has subjects they hold dear, and you have every right to do the same. In fact, I suggest that you go a step further, as you’re living in a different culture now and should really make the effort to adapt, as so many Taiwanese have done, by pandering to the West and stumping up cash for wedding rings. So you get yourself out and get the proper sign of marriage, which in Taiwan is a two-inch wide solid black tatoo that goes from cheek to cheek across your upper lip. And its very fetching, too.
As you so rightly point out, its only fair to let people know where you stand on the whole “availability” thing, right?

And thus “Ring potato”.

And thus “Ring potato”.[/quote]
You mean, “Potato finger,” of course.