Ignorant Americans at their best

And considering the only reason Taiwan even exists is through the continuing good graces of the US. Oh well, the only thing this really shows is the true and utter ignorance of so many of the posters here are.[/quote]

How someone having a such loser stalin picture avatar can talk about ignorance?? :loco:[/quote]

Just goes right over your head, doesn’t it? You are a perfect example of what I’m talking about here.

And on and on…

Heheheheh.

Superpowers went out of fashion a long time ago.

Smart, witty intelligent countries get on with their own things while they watch the big boy in the playground waddle around by itself.

i think if we consider the last 50 years the american half-century it seems pretty certain the world could have done worse!

Heheheheh.

Superpowers went out of fashion a long time ago.[/quote]

Yes, after the Germans and Japanese kicked the shit out of you and you lost your colonies. You then have to rely on the US to protect you from the Soviets. [i]Only[/i] then does it become unfashionable. The UK was so screwed up in 1982 (during the Falklands War) they had to request maps for Argentina and the South Atlantic from the US…as well as anti-submarine cover. (Oh yes, in case you forgot, the US kicked the shit out of the UK 250 years ago too!)

You’re so [color=violet]gay.[/color]

I just posted the link because I wanted to demonstrate the complete ignorance of some Americans. Notice in the title that I am only talking about the ignorant individuals in the clip. The ones who say that Canada is lucky to be on the same continent as the US. When I hear those words, I can’t believe my ears. Should i have renamed the title to… lets say: “American media gives accurate discription of Canada”. Hello??? If it wasn’t offside I would have not even made a thread about it. It just goes to show you why Bush is in power. The American people get fed all this bullsh*t, day in, day out.

Hehehehehehe

Yawn. the old “The US won the war story.” Perhaps if you had chipped in a bit sooner (like the UK did) we wouldn’t have been left in that situation.
And you didn’t do that much. If anyone won the war, the Russians did.

[quote]The UK was so screwed up in 1982 (during the Falklands War) they had to request maps for Argentina and the South Atlantic from the US…as well as anti-submarine cover.
[/quote]

The maps thing is pure bollocks. You offered anti submarine cover, we accepted. We didn’t request it.

[quote](Oh yes, in case you forgot, the US kicked the shit out of the UK 250 years ago too!)
[/quote]

a). You weren’t a superpower.
b). It was a colony. So if you break it down to its rawest forms it was the Brits fighting the Brits. Nice try though.

The US was so screwed up in 2003/4 (during the Iraq war) they requested UK cover every 5 minutes because they couldn’t do the job they were supposed to be doing which they said they could but can’t.

[color=violet]And I wear pink frilly knickers.[/color]

The maps thing is pure bollocks. You offered anti submarine cover, we accepted. We didn’t request it.[/quote]

Yes, the UK did request cover. And the maps were supplied by the 313th CEWI, 82nd Airborne Division. I know. :laughing:

Screwed is Iraq. Dogs breakfast is the the Falklands. The are apples and oranges.

a). You weren’t a superpower.
b). It was a colony. So if you break it down to its rawest forms it was the Brits fighting the Brits. Nice try though.
[/quote]

And in 1814-15 (the Battle of New Orleans), the UK suffered one of it’s worst defeats in history. A British Army made of veterans fresh from fighting the French in Europe had the ever-living shit kicked out of them. Two Brit generals including the commander Major General Sir Edward Pakenham were killed (he had served under Wellington). The Brits took over 2,000 casualties while the Americans under Andrew Jackson only 71.

lsm.crt.state.la.us/cabildo/cab6.htm

galafilm.com/1812/e/people/pakenham.html

poetry-archive.com/e/the_bat … leans.html

So boring. Like I said, you wern’t a superpower.

And you (or we as we were then) were stuck safely at home while we were fighting wars on all fronts and had to ship veterans "fresh (and exhausted) from fighting and supplies to fight the unruly mob of brits we had left in charge of America who didn’t want to pay their taxes (and wasted alot of very good tea).

(but it still doesn’t change the fact that the yanks are getting the shit kicked out of them in Iraq now, does it)?

The Fox News bit is Ann Coulter baiting Alan Colmes on Hannity & Colmes (Colmes is the token liberal on this program; his function is to serve as Hannity’s - and the Fox audience’s - punching bag). She’s hitting all the highlights here: insulting the American left, Canada, French-speaking Canucks, France in general, etc.

Coulter is the polemicist of the far right; she’s the near-equivalent of Michael Moore baiting the Bushies on the left. I wouldn’t get too upset if I were you; this is simply Fox News selling its own distinctive brand of polemic. As such it’s more akin to the WWE (pro rasslin’) entertainment than to real politics.

Just selling Rupert’s ad time at a premium by gettin’ Fox’s audience to bay at the moon.

Yawn.

Tucker Carlson (the CNN piece) is on the outs among the Right currently because his conservative bona fides are at risk (he came out - publicly - against the Iraq war; in what passes for modern conservatism, that works out like this: anti-Iraq-War --> anti-Bush --> anti-American --> he’s not welcome at the conservatives’ tree house any more).

Carlson has to bait Canadians in a ‘liberal’ context (CNN’s audience) as remedy, or the Bushies won’t let him play.

I am very grateful for what America has done for the world and for my country (just for the record, I’m a first-generation Kiwi born to British parents).

America fought back the Japs in WW2. America promoted democracy in the post-war years by putting pressure on the colonial powers to grant independence to their colonies. And America footed the bill fighting communism during the cold war. America led the world in exploring space. Most of the great recent scientific discoveries have taken place in the U.S.

While it is not hard to come up with some valid criticisms of the United States, I think any fair person would have to say that America has made the world a better place. Imagine if the sole superpower was Japan, or France!!

Imagine if the sole superpower was Canada!

Who cares. It’s not like people ripping on America or its citizens is anything new. Let the scornful a-holes talk trash. Last I checked, though, America is still in the driver’s seat of world power.

I will say this though - putting it nicely, I’m less than thrilled with the Bush Administration and I didn’t vote for him in the last election or even the previous one. It sucks when you have to choose what you see as the lesser of two evils since I didn’t like Kerry all that much, either. :idunno:

Bob wrote [quote]Imagine if the sole superpower was Canada[/quote]

Sorry, my imagination is not that good (i.e. I don’t take enough drugs). It’s not that I think Canada would be a bad superpower, it is just that I can’t imagine it being one.

Sorry, my imagination is not that good (i.e. I don’t take enough drugs). It’s not that I think Canada would be a bad superpower, it is just that I can’t imagine it being one.[/quote]

What are you guys doing up so late? :laughing:

xp+10K wrote [quote]What are you guys doing up so late?[/quote]

What are you - our f@@king mother or summit!! Or the f@@king time police!!
I’m not up late getting hammered. :sunglasses: I’m in a different time zone - where I am it’s seven in the morning. :wink:

No, you should say that Americans are able to get most of the best scientist in the word for working on their projects.
Most of the great inventions of the 20 century have been invent in Europe, not in America.
For example Without German scientists American will still be riding their cows and won

For example Without German scientists American will still be riding their cows and won