Ignore not working

having a problem with the ignore function, showing a posters content and their replies to me even though i have them on ignore. i tried resetting it but still not working

You can’t have your cake and eat it too…

4 Likes

lol, we’re not supposed to single out people when we have them on ignore, so i can neither confirm nor deny

1 Like

My old username was WongGod…

maybe before my time, i’m still pretty new

Did that person become a mod?

if that person became a mod i think the site would lose a lot of users. should be a no. don’t see a mod mark on their avatar

It’s been wonky for me lately too. I’ve had better luck doing it from my Preferences/Users page. Don’t forget to hit the Save Changes button at bottom

4 Likes

probably a small number of users getting ignored a lot has overflowed something!

1 Like

5 Likes

yeah, seems to work through my preferences for some reason. thanks!

4 Likes

Discourse is aware of this bug and it should be fixed at the next update.

6 Likes

I would like to see those who ignore users here not able to like posts which reply to the ignored users. How can they like a post when they do not know what the original content was about?

3 Likes

If you ignore someone, there’s still a “view hidden reply” link to their posts that you can click on to read them and click like if you want. So it’s not impossible at all. Not to mention, you don’t have any way of knowing who has actually ignored you, anyway.

6 Likes

or, maybe they just show support on general principles

4 Likes

I can’t see most of the replies in this topic, including the OP.

2 Likes

You should be able to see who has you on ignore.

Why?

That used to happen to me. Laptop was logged in; phone was not. Phone goes into the bathroom.

Freedom of information act… :grin:

1 Like