IHT to Read Free at Coffee Shop, Bookstore, etc?

Where can I read the International Herald Tribune to read free in a coffee shop or someplace similar?

I’ve had the subscription electronically and stopped it because it doesn’t seem to have as much daily info as the print version and also retains old data for days and weeks at a time in some non news sections.

Have found a couple places to buy the paper but would be nice to find a coffee shop, bookstore, something that let’s you peruse through IHT and others while visiting.

Dan Ryan’s Chicago Grill used to have it, but I’m not sure if they still do because I haven’t visited them since they relocated to XinYi.

[quote=“tango42”]Where can I read the International Herald Tribune to read free in a coffee shop or someplace similar?

I’ve had the subscription electronically and stopped it because it doesn’t seem to have as much daily info as the print version and also retains old data for days and weeks at a time in some non news sections.

Have found a couple places to buy the paper but would be nice to find a coffee shop, bookstore, something that let’s you peruse through IHT and others while visiting.[/quote]

Been a while so I dont know if the concept and the places still exist. But they have these 24 hours cafes that feature all sorts of newspapers and magazines. You can sit in any number of booths with a nice sofa and a bright light to read. They charge by the minute. And coffee or tea and soft drinks (and even snacks) are free and all you want. They time you going in and going out and your bill is reflected as such. It was something like 2nt/ minute.

Used to be a large place like this on the second floor of a building very close to chongshiao e. rd/ tun hwa.

Its a really large cafe set up like this.

Next time in the area take a look.

So far found two places:

• Wooloomooloo Hsinyi (they keep old copies from few days earlier)
  • Sheraton Hotel Lobby