IKEA Dunhua in Taipei closed on 26 April 2021 - reopened but no furniture

1 Like

Can’t read Chinese but why are they closing? This is the closest one to the MRT and is always packed. The new Taipei ones are too far and I have to take a bus.

The former RT-Mart #1 at Neihu is being converted to an Ikea Store.

1 Like

Some funny google translate
“ At the same time, it was emphasized that Dunbei Store also had no semicolon at the beginning to witness IKEA’s presence “

2 Likes

Always crowded.

Guess that mean no more in central Taipei area.

There is only one in New Taipei and it’s right beside Touqianzhuang station.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

It’s the end of an era.

Also in Xindian!

3 Likes

Ah right

The dunhua location was shit…neihu spot is so nice and big!!

Why? It was perfect to buy stuff which you easily take home in the MRT.

6 Likes

I carried stuff from there , mrt not exactly close still a good walk . The size was a disappointment compared to the bigger stores i have seen. Ikea needs a big flashy store not under a hotel tucked away from site of the street and corner… it was only a matter of time. And i can only assume the new store is bigger?
Yes no mrt directly near but costco shoppers will love having it in the giant retail area.
There are also having a rt fresh mart? Doest anyone know what this is?

I know its just my opinion, i did live near taipei arena and now live near neihu so im happy

Is the small pocket ikea still around? That was def a shock to see the small size. Cute but weird

It’s going to be full wherever they open it. Maybe the IKEA top brass flew out and came to the same conclusion as @Rzarobbie, who knows…

1 Like
3 Likes

It was pretty useless for buying anything bigger than a lamp as they couldn’t hold any large item stock.

Will miss going there for dinner though, perhaps they should just open a little restaurant nearby :grin:

3 Likes

Could be worth a trip in the closing weeks to check out the “Closing Down” discounts.

I havent been past the Neihu one for 3-4 weeks, but I assume it will open before Dunhua closes.

It has looked ready for a month… must be close to opening…
i hope the old one discounts its always cheaper than moving things

The one tucked away in Hsinchuang is pretty big and flashy :slight_smile:

Where is that?

What a bad news! How about all my tinder stuff? Where I will take girls now? Bad, bad, bad and bad. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Back a couple of years ago there was a mini Ikea next to Huashan Park. Like, one of those 3 floor independent buildings, first floor kitchen/serving hot food, second floor eating area, third floor stuff, though they had selling stuff every floor, like supermarket items on the first floor. Really interesting experiment.

If I recall correctly, wasn’t that building in Dunhua having problems because of the mrt construction? Like, structural issues?