IKEA meatballs

So IKEA sells the frozen meatballs for around 350 for 1kg bag, but if you eat it there, 15 meatballs, with mashed potatoes and the flag of Sweden on it is 189.

What I don’t know is how many meatballs do 1kg bags contain? It doesn’t say it on the package… so is it cheaper to eat the meatball at IKEA or buy the frozen bag?

Maybe just buy a bag and count them, or take a meatball home next time and weigh it?

I think you could also just fondle a bag of meatballs to count/estimate how many are inside, but please don’t do this ahead of me.

7 Likes

Google says 1 meatball is ~21 grams, so 48 or 49 balls per bag.

4 Likes

The last time I had ikea Swedish meatballs, I was ill to the extent that I recall having ikea Swedish meatballs. If I had the choice, I would want to have a hand in their preparation

One meatball is around 7 NT, the mashed potatoes are 20 NT and the flag is 64 NT.

2 Likes

Make sure its your own bag or you may get a slap :wink:

4 Likes

Not sure it’s good advice to fondle your balls at IKEA.

1 Like

Well one time I ate the meat balls at IKEA it was cold in the center. Made me think they weren’t heated long enough. I think they are pre cooked, or at least should be.

2 Likes

how else can you count to two?

1 Like

Simple but effective! Love it.

1 Like

Well in Cyberpunk 2077 there’s a main mission where you were supposed to watch a brain dance, and in the brain dance a guy at the store drops a bunch of merchandise by accident and the boss tells him “why don’t you eat a bag of dicks”…

Look kids, this is your brain on drugs :wink:

1 Like

From 10 years ago Down Under

When you think IKEA, you think meatballs. The Kottbullar meatballs for at-home consumption come in a one kilogram bag, which meant that I had 62 of them. This is enough for four meals

1 Like