I'm a Filipina student in Taiwan

What happens legally if i get pregnant in Taiwan before marrying my Taiwanese boyfriend? Your responese will be highly-appreciated. :two_hearts:

5 posts were split to a new topic: From taiwan

Nothing happens until the kid is born. Afterwards child’s legal status will be based on your situation.

3 Likes

After the baby is born, if the father acknowledges the baby or marries to you, the baby will get a taiwanese nationality.

3 Likes

This is pretty ambiguous. Can you give us some more details about your situation and what you are asking? Are you afraid it will affect your visa, or something else?

4 Likes

I think the first step you need to worry is - if your Taiwanese bf parents gave the blessings to go ahead to marry you.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for the response. My boyfriend is worried that i would need to

1. go back to my home country to give birth, (or else im allowed to give birth in taiwan even before marriage) ;

2. Let the baby stay in philippines for a long time while we process documents to transfer the baby to Taiwan;

By the way, he would still be a student until June 2021 graduation.

Hahaha you are funny dude

The good thing is that his parents like me. Im 27, he is 20, by thw way.

He hopes to marry me. But we worry about getting the baby at the wrong time. He is still a student

I’m quite sure nothing would prevent anyone from giving birth here. Being born here doesn’t automatically convey citizenship. Do you have insurance?

Let the baby stay in philippines for a long time while we process documents to transfer the baby to Taiwan;

What’s your status here? Are you on some kind of student visa?

Yes, i am a student. I have been here for two years

Yes, i have complete insurance. But i dont have a stable job since im just a part time teacher in a 補習班

You want to make this guy a father at the age of 20? He’s not even finished with his degree. His skeleton may not even be finished growing.

10 Likes

AFAIK, I don’t think they have much of a choice now. I think abortion is Illegal in Taiwan with exceptions.

1 Like

With a visa?

1 Like

The exceptions are more the rule in my understanding. I doubt it would present an obstacle, but I could be wrong.

3 Likes

I’m certainly not about to try my luck anytime soon.

In general it’s not something you plan on :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Abortion is legal. You just have to have a good reason. They probably don’t have one, although I think I could argue that they both have some mental issues.

3 Likes