I'm bored - ask me anything (FenjaJie edition)

Since there are anything between 800 and 1000 seats up for grabs, I’ll answer that later today.

1 Like

What are your Str, Dex, Con, Cha, Int, and Wis stats?

3 Likes

@RickRoll it’s fenja not fenjia, right @FenjaJie ?

1 Like

:thinking:
Sorry, I don’t get it…

I assume, you have added “FenjiaJie edition” to the thread title…?

No, no!
That was a certain space octopus’ job…

How I can improve my Englsih?

1 Like

Why did you spell your name wrong in this thread’s title?

3 Likes

What is in that secret sauce they have at the famous goat soup place at the Luodong Night Market?

2 Likes

For our non-german friends, some relevant information (maybe @hannes or @slawa can further help with this.)

Germany consists of 16 Federal states and the autonomous territory of Mallorca. The latter is not eligible to vote in the upcoming election.
We have two special free states, Bavaria and Saxony. Bavaria is a bit like Texas. The culture and cuisine is heavily influenced by the neighbor to the south, they speak a strange dialect, that is intelligible to the northerners, they think they’re the ones who keep the show running and they would very much like to be independent.
Germany has two parliaments: the Bundestag, elected by the citizens and the Bundesrat, whos members are delegates from the 16 state governments.
This year we elect the Bundestag. (Nobody cares about the Bundesrat and I guess the MPs of the Bundestag make fun about the Bundesrat’s members and stuff them into lockers.)
Since Germany is a ginormous country (you can fit Texas three times into the Saarland alone!) we need round about 1000 seats for the parliament. In order to get into the parliament a party needs more tha 5% of the votes.

I see three possible futures for Germany:

1. The results of the election are inconclusive. Neither SPD nor CDU have a majority and despite having sworn not to, they proceed to form another grand coalition (Große Koalition or GroKo) for the next four years. The “GroKo Haram” continues to do absolutely nothing and Germany will be trapped in a kind of Groundhog Day event.
    The new Chancellor will be either the CDU’s genetically deteriorated Joe Biden clone, Armin Laschet or the CDU’s conservative hardliner Olaf Scholz, who by accident joined the SPD.

2. The party “Die Grünen” get the better part of the vote and emerge as new senior partner in a left government. Germany will finally make some progress again and we maybe even get something faster than 50mbit Internet connections which are deemed “future safe” by the current governmentout of if. Who knows?

1 Like

2 Likes

Right.

1 Like

By consuming a metric arseton of English media for a prolonged period. Oh and don’t forget to salute a picture of the Queen every morning after standing up.

2 Likes

That’s some Moderator’s doing.

1 Like

MSG. A metric shitton of MSG.

2 Likes

How does Labskaus taste? I don’t think I have any fond memories… :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

Those damn moderators. Want me to moderate the moderators?

2 Likes

It’s a delicate symphony of creamy mashed potatoes,fresh beet root,juicy corned beef served with a sunny side up egg and zingy herring.

2 Likes

Please.

I will be coming into some serious money in the near future.
I don’t want to go into the details, but as luck would have it, I will soon have an extra NT$5,000! Yay!
Here’s the question: Should I spend it NOW (while I still have taste buds and most of my body parts function), OR invest it in an S&P index tracker, so I can enjoy whatever joy that brings me 40 years from now?

2 Likes