I'm here at last!

Yep, I just arrived this morning, and from the airport took a bus to Taichung.

And my thoughts of everything…

Well I’m kinda slightly bored, I was really excited at first, then i started to get bored… I don’t have anything to do until my classes start, so I’m just like wandering the streets. Maybe i should look for a club or something, just kinda sucks when your on your own.

Anyhow Taiwan is great though, very lively I love it a lot so far. Wouldn’t mind living here a long time.

Welcome

Join the search for sour cream.

Welcome. Enjoy Taiwan. And post about your experiences here.

Hey, welcome to the fun side of the ocean! Just out of curiosity, why “Rabidpie”?

Welcome.

The adventure begins! Good luck, hope you have fun. It’s a great place.

Welcome, welcome! Don’t worry, wandering the streets for a few days or weeks is a great way to get to know the place and start to pick up some Chinese ability too. Will you be studying the language?

Welcome to Taiwan!

We all recall those so called “lost days”. Finding the foods we like and what is acceptable and not so. You will have a great experience and find a society that you have probably not thought about before. If any of us can help you in any way, just give us a pm. All of us are here and will help you in any way we can. Welcome.

Ah yes, the days of never leaving the house without your address in your pocket. Welcome. Enjoy these half real daze.

Hey thanks a lot guys,

Yeah I’m having a crazy experience. Today I took a couple busses and man, that was just crazy. THe driver was saying stuff and I was like “dui dui dui”, luckily all the bus drivers Ive had are nice guys, so I didn’t feel both stupid and annoying, just stupid :p.

I am here to study chinese, I’m going to study at feng chia da xue during the summer, So im really excited and i plan on living in the dorms at feng chia. I hope I can get them.

Rabidpie is an awsome name, what are you talking about!? It was either “rabidpie” or “savagetoast”!!!

Hey thanks a lot guys,

Yeah I’m having a crazy experience. Today I took a couple busses and man, that was just crazy. THe driver was saying stuff and I was like “dui dui dui”, luckily all the bus drivers Ive had are nice guys, so I didn’t feel both stupid and annoying, just stupid :p.

I am here to study chinese, I’m going to study at feng chia da xue during the summer, So im really excited and i plan on living in the dorms at feng chia. I hope I can get them.

Rabidpie is an awsome name, what are you talking about!? It was either “rabidpie” or “savagetoast”!!!

PREY ALERT , PREY ALERT :slight_smile: For the Taiwanese girls or guys out there (donno if you be gal or guy)

If you be guy , then it shouldnt be too long before a Taiwanese gal comes over to chat with you.

Unless you look like KingKong or act like one? Or something.

Welcome to the rock !

[quote=“tommy525”]PREY ALERT , PREY ALERT :slight_smile: For the Taiwanese girls or guys out there (donno if you be gal or guy)

If you be guy , then it shouldnt be too long before a Taiwanese gal comes over to chat with you.

Unless you look like KingKong or act like one? Or something.

Welcome to the rock ![/quote]

I have been here three days and haven’t seen anything yet :stuck_out_tongue:

you are complainin bout 3 days no action? Try the scene in SF bud, see how long it takes ya !! :slight_smile:

Tommy what is SF?

SF = San Francisco , where Tommy is

Rabidpie,

You chose a great place.

Taiwan is amazing.

I have been to visit 4 times, and will return in November for my 5th visit.

I fell in love with the place, the people, the food, the country, the hills, the food, the mountains, the nightmarkets, the food, the people, the big city of Taipei, the bustle, the hustle, the language, the shoes, the scooters, the food, the girls, the everything.

Good choice. Enjoy. There is so much to enjoy.

Maybe people will say otherwise for they take it for granted, or they are not appreciative of other places, or whatever; but that’s cool… for I love to escape my home in USA and plop myself on the other side of the globe for a month at a time.

And each time I chose Taiwan. Hope you like it too.

A good friend just arriving back in Taiwan for a visit after staying in HK for six months sent me an email from his Blackberry on the way into town. He says there’s a big sign near CKS airport, or whatever they call it now, saying TIT. In small print below it says “town in town.” God I miss Taiwan!

And let’s not forget the Taipei government tourist map with that oh so lovely cover.

HG