I'm in the doghouse!

This has a bit of pet peeve and cultural relevance, but I’m posting it here…

Both my wife and my secretary are angry at me and think I’m an idiot. No, its nothing like that!

This morning, as I walked my wimpy dog, on a leash, through our lane, this woman’s three un-leased and uncollered dogs attacked my dog. I kicked her dogs (they’re lucky its only September and I was only wearing sandals instead of my boots, which don’t get worn until late October). Then, I complained to her that this has happened before, on more than one occassion, and on one occassion, her dog/s bit my son when he was walking our dog, again, with a leash.

The woman apologized, but in my state of anger I told her I didn’t give a shit about her apology and that I wanted her to leash her goddamned dogs.

She got huffy with me and that drove me nuts… I went to her store to argue with her and her husband. She starts telling me that she wants to explain her “doali” (reasons). I told her that there is NO reason for having three unleashed dogs in the lane, especially when the dogs are obviously vicious.

She complained that I kicked her dogs and I told her that her dogs are fortunate that I didn’t kill them, seeing as this was not an isolated incident. I then asked her if it was indeed possible that she was as stupid as she appeared to be. I asked her husband for his opinion, but he just looked at me with a stupid smile. I asked him, “if I hit you, you’ll hit me back, right?” Of course I kicked her dogs… they were attacking my dog.

Anyway, I just get furious in situations such as this where the person whom, IMO, has nothing to say to me except that he/she is sorry, wants to argue his/her “reasons”.

After I related this incident to my wife, and later to my secretary… they both opined I was wrong to get so upset.

I love living in Taiwan… but this type of confrontation drives me absolutely nuts. Somebody does something which is completely indefensible, yet I am wrong to get angry when they attempt to defend their actions.

Arrrrg! :imp:

So now I’m in the doghouse.

Fuck it, I’m going back to the States and buying a male American Pit Bull Terrier and bringing it back here. Then, I’m going to walk him, with a chain leash… and any unleashed dog that wants to start trouble with my leashed pit bull will be eaten :smiling_imp: … one like this:

I’m sorry, so sorry, really very sorry. I’m sorry. Now go away.

You are in the dog house, and you do desrve to be there. You know the game by now. Next time just call the pound.

Chou

steak, anyone? :slight_smile:

good idea about the pitbull

I’d call the cops considering your son got bit and your dog was attacked. Talk to a lawyer, maybe they can be sued. If they remain unleashed, keep aggravating them, I’d get some in-laws to talk to them with me, personally my wife would be having a shit-fit to end all if I DIDN’T get right in these people’s face.

Piss off.

I called the police… after I got home. But while I was in the lane, I really couldn’t call the pound or the police, could I?

Maybe you would just walk away… but that’s you.

Tigerman, you were right on to get in those people’s faces. If those dogs even look at you cross-eyed again, just kick the living shit out of them.

Stick to your guns.

Tigerman gets attacked, Tigerman defends himself, Tigerman gets upset. Why is he in the wrong ?

[quote=“tigerman”]
The woman apologized, but in my state of anger I told her I didn’t give a shit about her apology and that I wanted her to leash her goddamned dogs[/quote]

Well, she did apologized, right?? so why can’t you forgive her??

[quote=“MiakaW”]Well, she did apologized, right?? so why can’t you forgive her??[/quote]Because ‘Sorry’ here often means nothing, She will say ‘Sorry’ then do the same thing again. Tigerman wants her to stop doing it.

Piss off.

I called the police… after I got home. But while I was in the lane, I really couldn’t call the pound or the police, could I?

Maybe you would just walk away… but that’s you.[/quote]

I think you got me wrong. My first line was imitating the attitude of the woman. I would not walk away. I would of done what you did. And I’d be in the pound too. I know better, confrontation here is a no, no, it solves nothing, only ausages the anger for a moment. Then frustration and remorse set in. Certainly you know that too.

Screw the BS, call now for both you Son, your dog, and the next-victim-to-come-along’s sake.

Chou

Chou

Ya Tigerman…do that! :wink:

A training technique used to keep dogs from jumping up on you is to apply slight downward pressure to the dogs paws…bend them forwards so to speak. I would do this with the exception that there would be nothing “slight” about it. Snap the mongrel cur’s paws and then you can smile and even laugh as it tries to drag itself whimpering back to it’s owner.

I love dogs…was always one to play with any dog that paid any interest in me. I have not even come close to a dog in Taiwan. They are mangy, flea-infested over-sized rats…all except Dofu…he is the first and only dog I’ve played with.

Hey, here’s an idea…next time, bring Dofu’s little rope toy with you and loop it around the other dogs neck…Dofu wouldn’t be so wimpy then…

I don’t know…just trying to add my 2nt worth…

I’ll leave now…

If Tigerman said it before and she still didn’t leashed her dog, then it is her fault. But this is the 1st time that Tigerman had made that sugg. to her so if next time her doggies did it again, then Tigerman would have every right to chew her off. Is this the case Tigerman??

Tigerman said his son was bitten before.

Not that you should have listened but it would have been interesting to hear what the “daoli” for your family being repeatedly attacked by large vicious dogs was.

[quote=“daltongang”]Tigerman said his son was bitten before.

Not that you should have listened but it would have been interesting to hear what the “daoli” for your family being repeatedly attacked by large vicious dogs was.[/quote]

I just re-read what he wrote and I guess I missed that, sorrie! :blush:

[quote=“Toe Save”] I have not even come close to a dog in Taiwan. They are mangy, flea-infested over-sized rats…all except Dofu…he is the first and only dog I’ve played with.

Hey, here’s an idea…next time, bring Dofu’s little rope toy with you and loop it around the other dogs neck…Dofu wouldn’t be so wimpy then…
.[/quote]

i certainly hope that dofu is the name of your own dog… if not thanks for preferring me over all other stray bogs in Taipei (Tails-a-wagging), but make one grab for rope toy and you will see just how unwimpy dofu can be. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, I was not being wimpy. I was just pointing out the futility of the argument. Why waste time. There is precedent. Go straight to the authorities.

Chou

Piss off.

Maybe you would just walk away… but that’s you.[/quote]

I think you got me wrong. My first line was imitating the attitude of the woman. I would not walk away. I would of done what you did. And I’d be in the pound too. I know better, confrontation here is a no, no, it solves nothing, only ausages the anger for a moment. Then frustration and remorse set in. Certainly you know that too.

Screw the BS, call now for both you Son, your dog, and the next-victim-to-come-along’s sake.

Chou

Chou[/quote]

Chou,

I owe you an apology. Sorry I misunderstood your post.

Guess I’m in a bit of a foul mood.

No worries. I’m not the most eloquent writer around. Easy to have been confused.

Chou

1 word - TAZER

bow-gun-hunting-sports.com/cutlery1.htm

[quote=“chodofu”][quote=“Toe Save”] I have not even come close to a dog in Taiwan. They are mangy, flea-infested over-sized rats…all except Dofu…he is the first and only dog I’ve played with.

.[/quote]

i certainly hope that dofu is the name of your own dog… if not thanks for preferring me over all other stray bogs in Taipei (Tails-a-wagging), but make one grab for rope toy and you will see just how unwimpy dofu can be. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, I was not being wimpy. I was just pointing out the futility of the argument. Why waste time. There is precedent. Go straight to the authorities.

Chou[/quote]

Bahahahahaha!!!

Dofu is Tigerman’s dog’s name…

And this is where I got the “wimpy” reference from…

I did listen… even when pissed, I remain calm.

Her reasons for not leashing the dogs / my reactions were:

1. The dogs are too big and she cannot control them / :shock: :? :imp:

2. The dogs are all strays and she has a soft heart / :shock: :? :imp:

I told her that these were ridiculous reasons, and were in fact more reasons that she ought not let them out together without a leash.

MiakaW,

This wasn’t the first time this happened. My son has complained… but he’s only 11 years old, and well, and nobody listens to 11 year olds.

Choudofu,

“Dofu” is my wimpy dog’s name.

oh. :blush:

I thought it might be something like that. Felt like playing the dog anyway.:laughing:

Chou