I'm looking for a part-time maid

I’m really desperate to find some part-time help at home. I need a maid to help with cleaning and babysitting. We are a British family who recently moved to the Yang-Min-Shang area, I have two boys aged 2 years and the youngest is 6 month. The hours I would require someone to work are Tuesday to Saturday 11.00am - 5.30pm. If you know anyone that can help please contact me at my personal email address, jonandvinkl@hotmail.com. :help:

If you are not going to do this the legal way you should rename the thread “I am looking to be deported.”

There are lots of companies that will do this for you the right way, play it safe not cheap

[quote=“shifty”]If you are not going to do this the legal way you should rename the thread “I am looking to be deported.”

There are lots of companies that will do this for you the right way, play it safe not cheap[/quote]

shifty, the OP stated that they
[color=darkred]RECENTLY[/color]
moved into the area. With 2 kids and are probably still making living adjustments, I don’t think this woman is looking to do something illegal. She is coming to us for help. Remember we are a online resource and a community.

Hi and welcome. You can try contacting the Community Services Center at community.com.tw

No. 25, Lane 290 Chung Shan North Rd., Sec. 6 Taipei, Taiwan R.O.C.
Telephones: (02) 2836-8134

The hours dont look part time to me!!

[quote=“shifty”]If you are not going to do this the legal way you should rename the thread “I am looking to be deported.”

There are lots of companies that will do this for you the right way, play it safe not cheap[/quote]

Classic example of FORUMOSA.com being of no help to anyone

Of course it is part time, compared to 24h/day for some other foreignerw,.

I think I had a link to some service for maids, but I don’t remember right now (and too lazy to search for maid…)

[quote=“braxtonhicks”]Hi and welcome. You can try contacting the Community Services Center at community.com.tw

No. 25, Lane 290 Zhongshan North Rd., Sec. 6 Taipei, Taiwan R.O.C.
Telephones: (02) 2836-8134

[quote=“Namahottie”][quote=“shifty”]If you are not going to do this the legal way you should rename the thread “I am looking to be deported.”

moved into the area. With 2 kids and are probably still making living adjustments, I don’t think this woman is looking to do something illegal. She is coming to us for help. Remember we are a online resource and a community.[/quote]

Exactly why I suggested she get some info from a legit company, as she may not know the ropes yet or be aware of the ludacris laws and government ministries that change their mind weekly
:wink:

As those of us who have been here for awhile know sometimes a simple thing is not so simple and there are a number of hoops to jump through. So the suggestion that she contact a professional company who actually knows the legal twists and turns might actually be a good idea.

just a thought

Vanessa, send a note to Marie Feliciano, the page editor for the Kabayan page of the Taiwan News. Ask her what the legal options are for hiring an amah. The Kabayan page is a community resource for the Filipino migrant community, a large portion of which is made up of caregivers and helpers.

If you e-mail her for the resources and requirements a potential employer should consider in finding legal part-time help, she may print it in her Sunday Kabayan section - informing everyone what the necessary and legal requirements are.

The Kabayan page online is found at etaiwannews.com/showPage.php … rea=taiwan

And Marie’s contact address is mariekabayan@yahoo.com

[quote=“shifty”][quote=“Namahottie”][quote=“shifty”]If you are not going to do this the legal way you should rename the thread “I am looking to be deported.”

moved into the area. With 2 kids and are probably still making living adjustments, I don’t think this woman is looking to do something illegal. She is coming to us for help. Remember we are a online resource and a community.[/quote]

Exactly why I suggested she get some info from a legit company, as she may not know the ropes yet or be aware of the ludacris laws and government ministries that change their mind weekly
:wink:

As those of us who have been here for awhile know sometimes a simple thing is not so simple and there are a number of hoops to jump through. So the suggestion that she contact a professional company who actually knows the legal twists and turns might actually be a good idea.

just a thought[/quote]
To shifty, unlike braxtonhicks, you did not provide any useful information; you mention that there are ‘lots of companies’ but fail (refuse?) to provide any leads. What are we left to think except that you want to put down someone who is new to Taiwan and Forumosa? :idunno:

To Lo Bo To, Gandhi is credited with saying “Be the change you want to see” - you are a part of FORUMOSA.com, so don’t stop at simply pointing out its shortcomings, help us all by setting an example of what FORUMOSA.com could be. You and I are on the same page as far as shifty is concerned, but I think you comment is as helpful has shifty’s

I asked my maid and she will ask her friends and will respond to your e-mail address in the next dday or two.

If I had the info I would have given it :s sheesh.
My suggestion to try and save yourself hassel in the long run by doing your homework now is a valid suggestion. WTF? :s
You get up on the wrong side of the bed this morn or what?

There are plenty of persons working as part time maids who are perfectly legal Shifty. Vanessa just needs help find one.

Vanessa,

I was at Wellman’s grocery today, and found an ad for a person looking to clean houses part and full time. You can call them at 0912934682. If you still can’t find help. Pm me as I have a friend who negotiate for the maids and forgien workers and I am sure he would be happy to suggest someone, as he is legal.

Best of luck

[quote=“Satellite TV”]

There are plenty of persons working as part time maids who are perfectly legal Shifty. Vanessa just needs help find one.[/quote]

And there are plenty who are not, I still think it better and safer to find out which is which by doing some homework first.
This site is full of letters by poor folks who found out the hard way they had been misinformed or inadvertantly stepped on the wrong side of the law.
I am rather amazed that so many people seem to disagree that it is better to play it safe; esp while being an expat in a rather chaotic legal system such as the Taiwanese one? :s

[quote=“shifty”][quote=“Satellite TV”]

There are plenty of persons working as part time maids who are perfectly legal Shifty. Vanessa just needs help find one.[/quote]

And there are plenty who are not, I still think it better and safer to find out which is which by doing some homework first.
This site is full of letters by poor folks who found out the hard way they had been misinformed or inadvertantly stepped on the wrong side of the law.
I am rather amazed that so many people seem to disagree that it is better to play it safe; esp while being an expat in a rather chaotic legal system such as the Taiwanese one? :s[/quote]

Shifty, your post did not suggestion ways for her to go about finding a legal helper. It just said:

[quote]
If you are not going to do this the legal way you should rename the thread “I am looking to be deported.”

If you had posted a number or a place where she could go to find out this information many posters here would not be saying what they are saying to you.

Place yourself in this woman’s shoes for a moment. The OP has just arrived in a country I assume she doesn’t speak the language. She has two small children that depend on her for their substance. Her husband, i assume, is the reason they have moved here. So, creating a new home for her family is a one priority. That is not an easy feat anywhere in the world.