I'm pregnant!

My cat escaped her confines and had an unmentionably good time with the neighbor’s ginger cat. (I saw it happen. :blush: )
She’s due to have kittens in about a week or two. Anyone interested in adopting, please PM or email me. :slight_smile: Also, if you could kindly pass the word on to anyone you meet, that’d be really appreciated.

I’m located in Longtan, Taoyuan County.

Here are some photos of Pudding (the soon to be mother).

Email: taiwanpsycho @ hotmail.com

I am sure you are a good pet owner and love your pet dearly, but your cat getting knocked up really knocked the stuffing out of my day. It

[quote]My cat escaped her confines and had an unmentionably good time with the neighbor’s ginger cat. (I saw it happen. Oops! ) [/quote]When a cat is in heat, she will escape. It’s that simple. LYD above speaks common sense and I hope that you will get your cat spayed after this litter because she will escape again when she’s ready to mate.

I wonder why you didn’t stop the cats if you saw it happen. Was that not an option for some reason?

bobepine

To anyone else whose cat gets pregnant, spaying the cat will terminate the pregnancy. If you witness your cat mating with another, then take her to get spayed immediately.

Having kittens isn’t fun for a cat, especially when they will be taken away from her as soon as they are weaned. And any homes taken by these kitties are homes that cannot take other needy cats and kittens. It is literally a death sentence for kittens in shelters.

Please, let’s find ways to help those already in need of rehoming before we allow more to increase the overpopulation.

Sean

Wow talk about getting a lecture. Don’t you think I know all this already?
You lot don’t understand the circumstances and I don’t have the time to bother explaining my whole situation.

Try to stay on topic. If you can’t, then just don’t post at all.

Anyone interested in adobting, contact me. Thanks.

The respondants in this thread ARE on topic. The pet population and abandonment problems here in Taiwan are some of the worst examples of animal cruelty I’ve seen ever. It is on-topic for people to ask–given the serious overpopulation of pets in this country-- why you never de-sexed your pet, why you allowed her to mate and be impregnated (you say you saw it happen) and why you didn’t immediately have the pregancy terminated and the animal immediately spayed when you knew she was pregnant.

[quote=“TaiwanPsycho”]Wow talk about getting a lecture. Don’t you think I know all this already?
You lot don’t understand the circumstances and I don’t have the time to bother explaining my whole situation.

Try to stay on topic. If you can’t, then just don’t post at all.

Anyone interested in adobting, contact me. Thanks.[/quote]

TS, I don’t see anyone making a personal attack on you, and my post certainly wasn’t intended to offend you. Those of us actively involved in preventing the suffering and unnecessary deaths of animals learn very quickly that education is the key. That way, we nip the terrible problem in the bud. We all saw your post as an opportunity (need?) to educate, that’s all.

I think LYD said it best, as she raised awareness of the issue but wished you the best and offered some help, so read her message again and understand that she speaks for all of us.

And of course I wish the mom and kits all the best, and I hope you are lucky enough to find them loving, responsible homes. Once they are weaned, the mom can be spayed. Let me know if you need help finding a reputable vet in your area.

Have a great weekend.

Sean

3 kittens have popped out tonight! It’s been about 30mins or more since her last one, but she’s still a big fatso! Will she have any more? :help:

Oops, there goes another one. Gonna be a long night tonight.

So? How many did she give birth to? Are they all ok? Is Pudding OK?

Make sure they all stay warm and handle the kittens as less as possible at first. Post any questions you have, we can try to help. :yay:

Post pictures if you can…

Good Luck!

bobepine

Thanks!!
She ended up having 5. Must have been a really easy birth. She just purred the whole time! Heh
The colors of 2 of them are so unique. I’ll get some pics ASAP.

That sounds great, I am glad they are all okay, hate to burst your bubbles but cats also purr when they are in pain, the frequency of the vibration help in healing(pretty weird huh) but maybe she did find it easy and was pretty happy about it.

She’s as happy in the box with all her bubs as she is when she’s sitting on my lap. Purrrrrrrrrr machine! :laughing:
Tried getting some photos, but the little ones keep squirming around and go blurry. Maybe I’ll try a bit of video tonight.

Picture time.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v714/ … 000471.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v714/ … 000441.jpg

How precious!

Good luck to the whole family. :slight_smile:

bobepine

Great!! How many boys/girls?

Big question: when will they be ready for their new homes? My two are getting on in years and I’ve been thinking about getting two young ones to put the zest back into their lives. Nothing like a pair of playful kittens to brighten up the life of a “mature” cat!

I’m not sure which are boys or girls. They’re only 3 days old, so it’s a little difficult for me to tell. :s I may need an expert’s opinion.
As far as when they’re ready for new homes, I’ve read that 5 weeks old is a good time for them.

your cat looks like such a happy fat mom, and the kittens are adorable.

Five would be ok only if it were an emergency. Kittens learn a lot from their litter mates, and at five weeks, will still have a lot to learn. Eight weeks is okay. A few even beyond that is better!!