• BMW 1
  • Audi A3
  • CT200h

0 voters

Mercedes A
BMW 1
Audi A3
Lexus CT200h

Looking to spend about 1.5 ~ 2 mil. I think the CT may be the cheapest out of the bunch and I like hybrids. Don’t know too much about the new A3. I liked the looks of the previous generation 1s, but I really like the new A but the options are crazy expensive. Your thoughts?

[quote=“kaikai34”]Mercedes A
BMW 1
Audi A3
Lexus CT200h

Looking to spend about 1.5 ~ 2 mil. I think the CT may be the cheapest out of the bunch and I like hybrids. Don’t know too much about the new A3. I liked the looks of the previous generation 1s, but I really like the new A but the options are crazy expensive. Your thoughts?[/quote]

I have a 10 year old Kymco Going if you are interested. I guarantee better fuel economy. :thumbsup:

I’d have the CT200h. It certainly wouldn’t be for it’s back seat space though, which is tiny.
Actually if I had the money for one, then I’d get a standard Prius, which has far more space in it and which the CT200 is based upon anyway.
If I wanted an A3, then I’d get a Skoda Octavia. And if I wanted a BMW 1 series, then I’d turn myself into an asylum. If I wanted a Merc A series, then I’d be prepared to throw all of my hard earned money down the drain and not come out with anything particularly good at all as a result.

How about a YueLoong?

Ok A3 is the best of the bunch you mentioned I think.

Thanks for the suggestions. Even the Yue long and scooter. Happy new year!

Happy New Year.
All these Models have plus and minus points. Actually,although Sulavaca will disagree!, the One series is good but a well optioned car is overpriced,new, IMO. I only buy M pack cars which look very sexy!. It may be worth importing a car yourself. We do that for many people,as you can choose an exact car from USA or Germany and save some money.
It is an unfortunate fact that most cars end up being almost twice the price you pay in these Countries…but still cheaper than most Dealers will charge here.
The other alternative is to use an official Dealer here ,which is good ,in terms of back-up,bad because they charge so much. If money is no concern and you are buying New…use an official Dealer…otherwise look yourself on Autotader.com in USA,find a car and we will tell you the price in Taiwan,then Sulavaca or any reputable company can check it out and advise.Much cheaper but you will have no “official” Dealer warranty in Taiwan,however reputable dealers will warrant cars fully.
now we have 90 imported cars at Keelung,that Mr. Taxman would like paying for this week :cry: …oh happy days.

Lexus CT200h

I don’t know what the tax is on each of those individual cars is, but the Lexus is a smart looker, with all the accouterments a person could want.

And there’s not many on the streets, so you’ll get the swag-factor.

Happy New Year.
All these Models have plus and minus points. Actually,although Sulavaca will disagree!, the One series is good but a well optioned car is overpriced,new, IMO. I only buy M pack cars which look very sexy!. It may be worth importing a car yourself. We do that for many people,as you can choose an exact car from USA or Germany and save some money.
It is an unfortunate fact that most cars end up being almost twice the price you pay in these Countries…but still cheaper than most Dealers will charge here.
The other alternative is to use an official Dealer here ,which is good ,in terms of back-up,bad because they charge so much. If money is no concern and you are buying New…use an official Dealer…otherwise look yourself on Autotader.com in USA,find a car and we will tell you the price in Taiwan,then Sulavaca or any reputable company can check it out and advise.Much cheaper but you will have no “official” Dealer warranty in Taiwan,however reputable dealers will warrant cars fully.
now we have 90 imported cars at Keelung (Jilong),that Mr. Taxman would like paying for this week :cry: …oh happy days.[/quote]

I’ve considered it. A few years back, my sister wanted to give me her RX400h. Then last year my brother was going to hook me up with a Mini. After running some numbers, it didn’t seem all that feasible on the Mini (especially since there’s no guarantee the cars pass emission tests) and the RX was too big for our elevator parking/dungeon. I think it’s only worthwhile if you’re importing high end stuff like a 911 or something like that. I’m probably going to buy from a dealer here. It’s painful though, considering for the price of a 118 here, I could be buying a 535 back home.

the importers have a way to get almost any car pass the emission tests… i think that would be a good option for you, to import…
i always liked the BMW 1s… but its a bit small…