I'm writing a Led Zeppelin song

I can get the argument that they ‘stole’ from black musicians and there is injustice there, but at the same time Led Zeppelin were the gods of rock, nothing that came before was so electric, everything that came after was a shadow. The loss of their incredible drummer, who may have been influenced but was paralleled by few (Mitch Mitchell comes to mind), was the end of the band and illustrates how they were more than just thieves. Moby Dick is one of my all time favourite songs (and Ramble On is one of my personal jams).

he was just so so good

3 Likes

My favorite Zep Song. :metal:

2 Likes

Ramble On

It’s high on my list! Hard to pin down a favorite. Today I’ll say Bring It on Home

2 Likes

Rock and Roll

2 Likes

The Lemon Song, which is also about sex.

Ah, when you squeeze my lemon I’m, I’m gonna fall right outta bed…

1 Like

My favorite Zep album has got to be Physical Graffiti. That album just kills. My favorite song is probably Out on the Tiles from Zep III.

People love to enshrine Zep, and they were definitely great, but Free was also great back in the day. I’ve never been a big Bad Co. fan, but yeah, Fire and Water is epic.

1 Like

Yes, they made the songs their own. And let’s not forget that these and other guys from that era basically saved the blues. I know I got my first taste of the blues from Hendrix, Zeppelin, Cream, Janis Joplin, etc. before moving on to the Blues Breakers and eventually what many would consider more genuine blues. So, so much originality in songs like I Can’t Quit You Baby.

2 Likes

EDITED TO ADD: POSSIBLY NOT SUITABLE FOR WORK (OR MIXED COMPANY) :nsfw:

This sounds like it mainly uses Howlin’ Wolf’s "Killing Floor," but it also has the lemon-squeezing joke that @TimesThree quoted earlier in the thread:

2 Likes

Why on Earth not? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

No idea what else you could possibly be talking about… :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

1 Like

This is a very touching beautiful song. :cry: :cry: :cry: