Immigrating to Taiwan from the Philippines - pls give advice

GHi, good day to all… i need some help.
I am philippine citizen, married have two kids 2 years old and 1 year old. I have a relative in taiwan which is my mother and she got married a taiwanesse. My mom and stepdad wants my kids to study there.

My questions are

1 is it possible that they can study there?
2 is it possible we (parents) can also stay there if our kids will study there?

I hope somebody will help and reply me.
Thanks.
God bless you all!!!

I suggest you contact as many different people at MECO, the Manila Economic and Cultural Office, which acts as the Philippine embassy in Taiwan. Unfortunately, a visit to the MECO website yields no email contact information!

Also, your situation may be handled differently by different departments. The Visa Services team is an obvious section to consult, but your mother may want to get an opinion from the Philippine attorney on duty at the ATN (Assistance To Nationals) section.

Here is what I suggest:

• Contact the MECO office in the Philippines - it’s located in Trafalgar Plaza in Salcedo Village in Makati. If you live in Manila, go there personally and be prepared to take down as many names and email addresses as possible of people you meet. You want to build a contact list of helpful people in Manila, in Taipei, and in Kaohsiung. Specifically request the people I mention below.
    7/F Trafalgar Plaza, 105 H.V. de la Costa Street, Salcedo Village, Makati City, Philippines (632) 848-3796 to 97

• Contact MECO in Taipei, which is the principal representative office in Taiwan. Ask about 3 people: (1) Irene Tan is the Office Manager and a very helpful and capable person with a lot of experience - I would expect Irene to try to understand your situation and direct you to helpful people. (2) the ATN Officer in Taipei - I don’t know who this is now, but I expect this person to be a Philippine attorney who has handled many complicated cases. (3) The Information Officer - like Irene the Office Manager, the Information Officer can be presented your case and asked what services are most likely to be helpful.

• Contact MECO in Kaohsiung - ask your mom to visit them, and to look for Mary Anne Sioco. Mary Anne used to be the Information Officer in Taipei, and if she isn’t in the same role, she will know who you and your mom should speak to in Kaohsiung. Do try to find out the email addresses for the Office Manager, Information Officer, and ATN Officer in Kaohsiung as well.

• Here is MECO’s Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/MECO.official/ and there is a way you can message them there. Again, ask for the contact names and email address for people in Taipei AND Kaohsiung.

• You should also appeal to the heads of the offices I mentioned above. Write each of them separately. Angelito Tan Banayo (https://www.meco.org.tw/storage/angelito_banayo_cv.pdf) is the Chairman of MECO, and he is based in Manila.

• Carlo Aquino (https://www.meco.org.tw/storage/carlo_aquino_cv.pdf) is the Deputy Resident Representative and I think he is based in Taipei. From his CV you can see that he is also heads Consular Affairs and (more importantly) he has been based in Taiwan since 1995. He has seen it all.

• Be sure to ask MECO in Makati who the head of MECO is in Kaohsiung.

With the exception of Mr Banayo, who was only appointed to his post last year (2016?), the other people I mentioned have been here Taiwan for a long time.

My search for people currently working for MECO in LinkedIn yielded 15 people: https://www.linkedin.com/search/results/people/?facetCurrentCompany=["7163286"]&keywords=manila%20economic%20and%20cultural%20office&origin=FACETED_SEARCH - These are more names you can ask MECO in Makati about.

Good luck!

5 Likes

Hi, thank you so much. I will do it.
God Bless…

Theoretically you can. Your mother should apply for you to go to TW, then you would bring your kids to TW as dependents. After a year, you will be able to directly apply for your kids to get their citizenship. You will probably need things like marriage certificate, birth certificates, criminal background checks. All translated into Chinese, and notarized by the TW representative in PH.

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you for your response, i appreciate it.

Can be? I am already 28 years old, married. Can i bring my husband too, Aside my daughters? So, we should apply and process it in MECO Kaohsiung TW, not here in the PH? Should we go there in MECO KHH and apply it personally with my mother?

I am looking forward for your positive response.

Thank you God Bless!

MJ