Immigration Scare and What to Say

Oh, is that a crime? He will stop that habit immediately then.

Maybe they thought you were hooking in HK, too.

My mother did always say, “Find a way to do what you love and get paid for it…”

One time they stopped me after reading my name on the passport and questioned if I was related to Jeremy Lin. We have 2 out of 3 characters in common with our name. And same height.

Also happened at a club police raid and bank in Taiwan lol.

I should note that it really was my friend, and not me, who was accused of being a sugar baby. I’ve never gotten any weird questions or comments from the immigration people. :innocent:

“Oh, wow, I’m, like, so flattered you think I could live off that. Thank you, thank you–but no.”

Yeah I wish I looked like I could have a sugar daddy!

Sadly my guns are simply too large for their tastes…

It’s actually quite surprising what some sugar babies look like. A lot of wealthy men don’t want one of those super model girls. Many prefer a plain Jane and even big girls. I’m sure there is a big market for girls with big guns.

So, is your friend paying his taxes in Taiwan?

You need to get a bunch of photos of you and your boyfriend looking cute and tell the officer you are very much in love. Offer contact details for bae. I hope he has a high paying job. It’s unusual you got flagged.

I’d like to point out there’s no such thing as “too large guns”, neither literally nor metaphorically.

Regarding OP: visa runs are very common between HK and Taiwan, if you just mention this to the immigration officers you’ll be fine as long as you don’t look too dodgy.

1 Like

Freelancing is not a thing in Taiwan.

:thinking:

I would go for a few days, not return on the same day. You can also travel to other places, like Philipines, Singapore, Japan, thailand,…

Way ahead of you!

The furry cones are a nice touch.

1 Like

In the sense that it’s illegal or in that people don’t do it? All of my friends here are freelancers. I’m very fortunate that it hasn’t come to that–yet…

Does he have to pay taxes on any income earned while in Taiwan, or only if he’s working for a Taiwanese company?

I believe you have to pay taxes if you make over a certain amount. I know someone here who works remotely for an American company while living in Taiwan, and he recently ran into quite a bit of trouble for forgetting to pay his taxes. I’d definitely recommend doing these things through an agent.

No matter who you work for if you stay longer than 90 days in a year you need to file taxes.