Impeachment hearing LIVE

https://www.businessinsider.sg/trump-impeachment-hearings-schedule-how-to-watch-live-updates-2019-11/?r=US&IR=T

Woo-woooo, it’s here.
Who will dish out some good stuff?
Who will inadvertently commit bureaucratic/political hari-kari?
Who will tear up and :cry: on camera?

:popcorn:

2 Likes

I’m more interested in the viewing stats…I bet it doesn’t crack top ten.

1 Like

lol.
even PBS covering it LIVE. No Sesame Street for kids, but Sesame Street antics by adults

2 Likes

Well according to the GOP and Trump since employment is down every one is at work. Who has time to watch when you’re on the plantation and the overseer is cracking the whip?

2 Likes

More like everybody would rather watch Family Guy reruns.

Or Jerry Springer :smirk:

1 Like

And I think there’s a baking challenge on the Food Network.

if Wendy Williams gets pre-empted for more than 1 week, the masses will likely rise up in protest over the political shenanigans

No one is missing Wendy Wack Ass Williams.

Now, mess with The View now we’re talking.

This isn’t 2005. Update your pop-culture reference.

1 Like

That’s the whole point. Even really old reruns make for more riveting television. Only hardcore political junkies are watching the hearing. Average Americans could care less.

1 Like

Both are right. There is a broadcast network that plays shows like Gunsmoke, Happy Days, etc who’s programing isn’t being interrupted.

Edit: And you have to remember streaming services are almost in every house.

I’d love to know what replaced them so I could update. Simpsons, Family Guy, South Park, and Robot Chicken are pretty much for us old fogies. But what are the young uns watching today?

Still infinitely more interesting to me than watching a stuffy ol impeachment live.

So it sounds like it’s not going well for the Democrats right now.

Boondocks
Bojack horseman
Big Mouth
Bob’s burgers

Bojack is highly popular.

1 Like

Aid held up 4 months. Within 48 hours of WH learning of whistleblower report, aid released.

Taylor says he also learned since his original testimony an aide heard Trump on a call with Sondland only talking about investigations, aka Biden.

Republicans making the smartest decision out of 2 bad choices. They’ve decided not to try to attack witness credibility. Instead many are yielding their time or going on monologues, not bothering to take their time to ask questions.

Senators doing the same. Basically saying, this isn’t important enough to bother with, or pay attention to.

Even more basically:

2 Likes

I missed it!!! Fcing job. :rant::smoker:

New season was absolutely unwatchable shite. :grimacing:

Oh dear:

Taylor revealed that on July 26, just one day after Trump pressed Ukraine’s president to pursue politically useful investigations, EU Ambassador Gordon Sondland called Trump from a restaurant after meeting with Andrey Yermak, an advisor to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky. One of Taylor’s staffers was present at the meeting and the restaurant, and overheard the phone conversation.
**> **
> The staffer told Taylor that Trump asked Sondland about the status of “the investigations,” Taylor testified in his opening statement.

“The member of my staff could hear President Trump on the phone,” Taylor said, “asking Ambassador Sondland about ‘the investigations.’ Ambassador Sondland told President Trump that the Ukrainians were ready to move forward.”

Under questioning later, Taylor affirmed that he understood “the investigations” to mean the investigations Trump wanted Ukraine to announce into the 2016 U.S. elections, the Bidens and Burisma, the natural gas company on whose board Hunter Biden sat.

Taylor testified that he hadn’t heard the story until recently and was “including it here for completeness.”

Following that call, Taylor testified, his staffer asked Sondland what Trump thought about Ukraine, to which Sondland responded that Trump “cares more about the investigations of Biden.”

“I take it the import of that is he cares more about that than he does about Ukraine?” House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-CA) asked Taylor Wednesday.
**> **
> “Yes sir,” Taylor said.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/in-impeachment-surprise-taylor-unveils-new-evidence-directly-implicating-trump

Also, as far back as August, Kent provided memos to state dept, aka Pompeo, putting out there he was concerned about these issues. Pompeo sat on it. I believe Taylor testified to the same thing, he was told to send it direct to Pompeo, and nothing.

Taylor also testified it was the first time in 50 years anyone had asked him to direct to the state department in this fashion.

Gee, I wonder why someone recommended this dead end for your concerns to die. :thinking: Of course state dept. has been subpoenaed for memos and refuses to provide them. Classic coverup.

I’m hearing otherwise. But I take your word for it as it’s not my cup of tea.