Import duty on ergonomic furniture?

I’ve been looking at buying an ergonomic chair/stool from the States designed by a former surgeon in order to help with back pain issues. They sell direct from their website in the US, which makes it clear it’s up to me to figure out the cost of import to Taiwan in terms of local taxes.

I’ve had a look around Forumosa, and at various online databases and resources, but I’m left feeling either baffled or afraid I misunderstood what I was reading. It seems like the import duty were I to buy the chair and have it delivered here could be anywhere between 5 and 35%…which would be very, very expensive.

Does anyone offhand happen to know what the actual import duty on a chair, specifically a swivel-based seat that can be raised and lowered, actually is? Then I can know whether it’s actually worth the effort and cost of having it sent over (it costs about 400US).

for further clarification, i tried using the website customdutyfree dot com website i saw mentioned hereabouts to try and calculate the cost. The item of furniture Im looking at is 400usd plus 120usd shipping and weighs 8kilos shipped. About 15,000ntd altogether. But it then tells me the total cost including import duty and other taxes is approx 23,000ntd, which is astounding. does this fit with other people’s experiences?