Imported beer in Kaohsiung

7-11 has some imported beer but I’ve never seen a liquor store in Kaohsiung. Is there no shops where I can buy something different around here? I would love to find Australian beer.

How about Tapei? Can you find Victoria Bitter up there? Not that I would make the trip for beer but maybe I could find a way to have some shipped or something. Just a six pack would be a nice treat.

bobepine

I think I saw some Victoria Bitter in Jason’s Supermarket last time I was in Taipei (it’s in the 101 basement).

You can buy Stella and Boddington’s in Carrefour, or cases of Belgian beer from Gert (The Belgian Bar in Khh) which is excellent…many varieties to choose from and very reasonably priced.

I don’t know The Belgian Bar’s address offhand, but maybe someone else on this forum does…???

The Bayou in Koahsiung sells a lot of imported microbrews. I can’t say that I remember anything from Australia or the one your looking for, but they do have some good stuff.

The Belgium beer guy’s (Gert) place is on gu san rd. His website is www.mybeer.com.tw

I’m pretty sure his exact address and phone number are on there somewhere. Oh yeah, and just a little warning, the guy can be a complete ass.

[quote=“zogwell”]The Bayou in Koahsiung sells a lot of imported microbrews. I can’t say that I remember anything from Australia or the one your looking for, but they do have some good stuff.

The Belgium beer guy’s (Gert) place is on gu san Rd. His website is www.mybeer.com.tw

I’m pretty sure his exact address and phone number are on there somewhere. Oh yeah, and just a little warning, the guy can be a complete ass.[/quote]

Actually it’s supposed to be Gu Shan san (3) rd. I believe … but the web site will tell

I found what I wanted but I’d still like to know what is “The Bayou”?

A friendly someone sent me a pm with Geert’s phone number and I also got a pm from a company called Go West, Importers of Fine British Products. They are in Taichung and they sell cases(24 bottles) of VB. :yay:

Many thanks everyone, :beer:

bobepine

The Bayou is a cajun restaurant on mincyuan 2nd rd. Great food, and as I said, they have some pretty good microbrews.

taiwanfun.com/south/kaoping/ … you-TW.htm

The road name I wrote was mysteriously changed when I posted. Is there some sort of spell checker? The street signs spell it m i n c y u a n not minquin.

Sorry to drag up an old post…but I just wanted 'yall to know that Jason’s is opening up later this week in the Hanson Department store, and I believe that they may sell some imported beer. I think I saw VB in the Jason’s in Taipei last time I was there.

I got 24 stubbies delivered today at my door. :slight_smile: Quite the treat from down under. :slight_smile:

bobepine

Hi

First up, you must try The Bayou, the food is really wonderfull, secondly if you’re still looking for imported beers, you know once yours run out, Jason’s has opened in Kaohsiung! Yeah!!!

[quote=“Baiselee”]Hi

First up, you must try The Bayou, the food is really wonderfull, secondly if you’re still looking for imported beers, you know once yours run out, Jason’s has opened in Kaohsiung! Yeah!!![/quote]
Jason’s in Kaohsiung? Where??? :yay:

bobepine

[quote=“bobepine”][quote=“Baiselee”]Hi

First up, you must try The Bayou, the food is really wonderfull, secondly if you’re still looking for imported beers, you know once yours run out, Jason’s has opened in Kaohsiung! Yeah!!![/quote]
Jason’s in Kaohsiung? Where??? :yay:

bobepine[/quote]

In the Hanson Department Store :notworthy: ! But it was too busy there this weekend to bother with it…maybe during the week things will calm down a bit and it will be easier to shop there!!!

Christmas pudding…salt and vinegar crisps…imported beer…canned mushy peas…hhhhmmmmmmmmmm…

:help: And where’s the Hanson department store???

bobepine

Near Suwei 4th Rd. (close to the Pig & Whistle) but I am clueless as to the exact street address…

In Chinese it’s pronounced “Hon Lie” or something to that effect…

Thank you Indiana. :notworthy: I should be able to find it.

If anyone knows the exact location, please post.

bobepine

Here’s the address:

266 Cheng-Kung 1st Rd., Kaohsiung, Taiwan, R.O.C.
It’s accross the street from Starbucks about two blocks south of Wu Fu.

BTW, I will be selling VB at my restaurant (The Bayou) very soon.

[quote=“thebayou”]Here’s the address:

266 Cheng-Kung 1st Rd., Kaohsiung, Taiwan, R.O.C.
It’s accross the street from Starbucks about two blocks south of Wu Fu.

BTW, I will be selling VB at my restaurant (The Bayou) very soon.[/quote]

Thanks thebayou. I think I know where that is, it’s basically right near the cultural center.

I’ve never been to The Bayou, I will have to check it out.

Cheers!

Umm…no. It’s close to TGI Fridays. I went to Jason’s today and they do indeed sell VB ($51 a bottle), as well as some other Aussie beers. Happy Hunting!

Thanks, I found it. I was there yesterday and it was indeed extremely busy. It’s in the Hinsin mall.

An easy way to find it is to to follow the road that is next to the Tuntex tower(Kaohsiung’s tallest building), on the harbour side of the building. That’s Cheng-gong road. The Hinsin mall is on the right just before Wufu road. Jasons in underground level B-3.

They have lots of hard to find imported goods, sauces, spices and beers. Crown Lager, Tooheys, Carlton Cold, VB, Coopers, etc. :slight_smile:

Too bad it’s so damn far from my house. :s

bobepine

The nice thing about Geert is that he delivers to your home – or at least he does so by courier, now, islandwide AFAIK. The courier, who arrived today, even carried all six cases up to my 5th floor apartment (no elevator) and refused a tip! I can’t wait to get home to try one of these babies. :sunglasses: