Imported goods over NT$2,000 to be levied with customs duty

Good news. I get bigger refund! :+1:
They are actually refunding the whole Import Fee Deposit! I already got 21 TWD back, so they are paying me for importing. :grin:

We’re writing to let you know we processed your refund of TWD263.39 for your Order
Reason for refund: Export fee reduced.

There is some f*ck up on Amazons side.

2 Likes

The last time I ordered from Amazon, I got back 5 USD.
It took them 2 months though.

The best way to avoid all of that is try to find an online store that will ship via normal mail, like USPS.

I have been buying from IHerb for many years. Contrary to some, I am satisfied with their products and services.
One of my purchase was lost, but I immediately got refund from them.
My work takes me everywhere, and I have been ordering from them from everywhere (UK, France, Malaysia, Taiwan, Australia etc) and they delivered my needed supplements everywhere. The tax will depend on what products but I suggest to keep the amount below NT3000 and to keep one bottle per product. This is to avoid items being taxed or held up.
Spread the words and give it a try.

For 10% discount off purchase, use this non expiring coupon from anywhere in the world NAJ3457

Or click the link below to get immediate discount

Eh guys seems that there has been an update and it is not good:

https://udn.com/news/story/7243/3395988

First I thought it meant they were getting rid of the system. Correct me if I am wrong but does that mean ALL imports, even less than 2000 NTD, will get taxed? I donÂŽt get it. Lift the limit?

5 Likes

Yes, you are right, they want to get rid of the tax free limit so that all imports get taxed.

https://udn.com/news/story/7243/3395949

So, they finally realized verifying all the info and keeping track of your shopping was a PIB
 and we are doomed.

Will bring a couple of extra suitcases on my next HK trip. Let’s see how long until they start doing stricter checks at the airport as well.

1 Like

Oh they already do. No more smuggling jamones from Spain. Unfortunately, taiwanese for some unfanthomable reason have started bringing pork, yes, raw pork meat and pork products from China. Why? Beats me.

Cheaper biandang production!

Since when they got more strict?

Since China got pork infected with some Middle East virus. They have a new fleet of tracking dogs on duty just for that.

Unintended consequences. Since they introduced the cap of 2000, I am guessing the quantity of parcels has probably doubled (maybe the article sheds light on this?), as postage doesn’t cost much from the big e-commerce sellers. So customs workload has shot through the roof trying to vet all the stuff coming in. Now more policy on the run to fix that
 daft.

Well hopefully, only stuff coming through big ticket carriers will get tagged, as has been happening since the restrictions started.
Cross your fingers that the Post Office continues to refuse to play ball.

2 Likes

I would love to see a shop adopt this as their name (exclamation point included). Or, after thinking this through, maybe not.

Guy

They already have been caught rummaging through the garbage at vegetable markets to get veggies to cook and sell for bientangs. Now they are smuggling “pork” from China too. One has been led to believe the economy is in really bad shape and businesses are struggling to do this.

But when did that happen, roughly? did it start a month ago? at the beginning of the year?

No need anymore because Spain has an import license for pork (I like pata negra, jamón ibérico) now, as do some other European countries.

Great! Now we won’t only have 100gr samples of cheese for 200 NT but also Spanish jamon going for 1.3 million NT’s (only)!

1 Like

This is why I like to cook my own food!

A few months I guess. I remember seeing the news a couple months back, which means they had it already in place.