Importing electronics from China

I ordered a couple android boxes and keyboard remotes from a seller in China and my girlfriend got a call today from the NCC, the National Communications Commission, saying that I need to come down because I ordered too many items. All my items and their descriptions were printed on the manifest, so we weren’t hiding what was sent. I guess my question is, is there a limit on how many electronic items can be ordered from China and sent to Taiwan at one time? If anybody else has gone through this please feel free to chime in as well. At least I didn’t import poppy seeds again!

The NCC usually gets involved if you order items that contain communication or transmission chips. For some of these special import documentation is required. Just see what they say and return the items in the worst case.

Oh good, nothing to really worry about. Thanks! I’ll go over there on Tuesday and see what’s up.

Huge pain in the ass, not looking good for getting my stuff right now. Gonna have to try again. I feel like it has something to do with having FedEx ship it here, but not sure. Going to use a different factory and order the same stuff, but use DHL again. I thought it was just going to be a 500nt fine, which would have been fine. We’ll see what happens next time.

What did they ask for? Technical documentation?

Yeah, we found the docs for the remotes, but couldn’t find them for the boxes. I messaged and called the factory while I was at the office and they aren’t able to get me the papers with the exact specs, so I told them the package will most likely be returned to them. Wasn’t expecting it to be so difficult since I brought the gf with and put everything in her name.