Importing/Exporting (Product Sourcing)

I’m looking into setting up a rep office here for the purpose of being able to create relations between suppliers and distributors of a certain group of products in Taiwan and the United States. As my capital is on the lower end, I’m looking into opening a representative office at first, which would necessarily relegate my function to being a sourcing agent and not handling any importing exporting on my own (in Taiwan for legal reasons, and in the US for both monetary and practical reasons).

If anyone has any experience in… contacting distributors, working with local companies doing exporting, strategies for crafting contracts as a sourcing agent with legal entities in both the US and Taiwan. I would be grateful for some advice over PM, and or the ability to meet up for an informative lunch chat.

Thanks for any help offered by the community in advance. :bow:

I know somebody from my country who’s doing exactly that here. He’s also a forumosan… not sure if he’s got a lot of time for going over this, though.

I do exactly that with european companies. If you want to meet sometime, I have some time to spare. PM me if you’re interested.

1 Like

PM’d. :slight_smile:

I am very interested in this, is there a way I can join the conversation with you guys.
I am just looking for general knowledge, a couple of tips would really help.

Thank you.

Do anyone have updates about contacting distributors, working with local companies doing exporting, strategies for crafting contracts as a sourcing agent with legal entities. Or can rep office do exporting now? Is there any change in the law? Thanks

I’m interested in finding suppliers from TW, as my company does not want to source from PRC or VN, thanks!

It would help if you told us what you are sourcing…

1 Like