Impossible to open Richart online bank account without a job

Last night I tried to open a Richart bank account online but after completing the registration process at about 75% the Richart website was asking for information concerning my work.

As my wife is working I’m not currently working. I don’t understand why I can’t have a bank account without a work in Taiwan when I actually own a lot of real estate and other things in Thailand and only looking out for a bank account with a higher interest rate. Richart offers 3.2% interest on NTD accounts.

Probably I would have to stay in Taiwan more often and apply for Taiwanese citizenship in a few years to be able to be treated like a normal person in Taiwan. My grandfather was born in Jinghong, Yunnan Province but emigrated to Thailand so my DNA is technically partly Dai-Chinese. Becoming a citizen of the Republic from China would be like going back to my own roots.

I’m not even currently using my post office bank account often as I’m holding a Mega Bank credit card and I’m using my Taiwanese/Thai daughter’s Mega Bank account for all banking matters. Strangely Mega Bank gave me a credit card but refused to open a bank account in my own name.

Is there any solution for a Taiwanese bank account with a higher interest rate or do I really have to apply for Taiwanese citizenship?

2 Likes

Get a job you lazy bum. :wink:

Complain to the FSC. I’ll be interested with what happens with that

Is it just that the registration form wants you to enter something there? If so, why don’t you just fill in “real estate investor” or “real estate entrepreneur” or “business owner” or something fancy-sounding like that?

I haven’t applied for a Richart account yet as I’m still waiting for my gold card to be renewed, but I didn’t have an issue opening other bank accounts without a local employer. When they asked, I just told them I was self-employed or a freelancer or whatever and gave an estimate of my monthly income.

master chef cook for catering service :pinched_fingers: ‘la familia’

I would probably work something if I would live in Taiwan proper but here in Kinmen it’s very difficult to find work without speaking Chinese at a good level. Also I can’t use my proof of real estate ownership in Thailand for opening a bank account in Taiwan as those documents are in Thai and not in Chinese. I can use such documents in Thailand only. Sometimes I got visas for travelling to some richer countries quite fast in Bangkok when submitting proof of real estate ownership though.

What makes you think you need to prove something? From what you wrote above, I thought they just asked you what you do on the online registration form and that’s where you got stuck.

Or are you saying they actually rejected you because you couldn’t provide the documents or wrote that you’re unemployed?

2 Likes

So when I tried to open the Richart bank account with their application the first three pages (1/4, 2/4, 3/4) were quite easy to fill out for me but the last page (4/4) was impossible to fill out for me as the application was asking for my work in Taiwan. Therefore I didn’t continue the bank account opening process.

Yeah, this is what I thought you were saying. So just…write something fancy-sounding related to your property holdings in Thailand in the box and click submit?

I doubt they’re asking for any evidence on that page, are they?

Can start in the kitchen of McDonald’s /jk

1 Like

I started there 15 years ago and stayed 7 years, they paid for my tertiary education. I also went back temporarily (on top of my full time job) immediately before coming to Taiwan to top up my savings. It was OK money too.
Don’t knock it till you’ve tried it :blush:

It’s a starter job for many who have limited opportunities at younger age. Many friends used to work at Burger King when I went to ‘high school’ (Abitur) in Germany.
It’s alright if you have a decent manager at the place.

1 Like

Some posts above i wrote about my test transaction in euro from yuanta to richart.
And every couple days i get an info Mail from richart, that i have to go to the bank to confirm the transaction.
Anyways. Today yuanta called, that they got contacted by Richard, because Richard tried to contact me since weeks without success…
Very strange.

I have Taiwan citizenship and was denied today even though I have over 100 million NTD lmao

1 Like