In China, DNA tests on kids ID genetic gifts, careers

Would you test your kid?

• Yes
  • No
  • Depends
  • This is for parents who need approval/live vicariously thru their kids

0 voters

Xiao Bai is our next dear leader

[quote]HONGQING, China (CNN) – At the Chongqing Children’s Palace, experts are hoping to revolutionize child-rearing with the help of science. About 30 children aged 3 to 12 years old and their parents are participating in a new program that uses DNA testing to identify genetic gifts and predict the future.
For about $880, Chinese parents can sign their kids up for the test and five days of camp.

When Director Zhao Mingyou first heard about the technology earlier this year, he instantly knew it could be a success in China.

“Nowadays, competition in the world is about who has the most talent,” said Zhao. “We can give Chinese children an effective, scientific plan at an early age.”

[further down] “I want to be the president of China,” said three-year-old girl, Liu Xiao Liao. “Then people will be scared of me.”[/quote]

'Dear Sir/Madam,

Your child could have been a doctor or a captain of industry. Unfortunately he/she was genetically disadvantaged by having retards for parents who pissed away his/her college fund on stupid crap like this.

Many thanks!’

I bet no kid comes out with a report that says; ‘at the age of five, your child is showing such significant signs of emotional problems and/or such low intelligence that he will never support you in your old age. I’d take your chances with a forbidden second. The fines will be worth it, in the long run.’ or ‘Your child could be a really good locksmith or window cleaner.’

880 dollars to tell Chinese parents their kid could be rich and successful if they do x. :laughing: Well, good luck to 'em, I guess.

Can they test fetuses this way?