In PRC, want to study in ROC

I’ve been studying Chinese here on the mainland, but for a bunch of reasons I’ve decided to continue in Taiwan.

So if I got this right, I can have the TW University send me the acceptance letter to where I currently live in China, travel to Hong Kong and apply for a student visa at the TECO office there. Wait around Hong Kong for a few days, pick up the visa and head into TW.

Is this correct, what could possibly go wrong? Does the postal service between TW and mainland work smoothly?

Thank you all for the sweet info here! :notworthy:

YEs. If your paper work is in order , you should have no problem.
Hong Kong TECO is , yes or no.
And if you are something short they will let you know.